RAM upgrade Acer Aspire A715-42G

LeonFerner
LeonFerner Member Posts: 3 New User

Hello!

I have recently bought the Acer Aspire A715-42G, it currently has 16GB RAM. I want to upgrade it but I am unsure what the maximum capacity is. When I googled I came across the powershell command:

Get-WmiObject Win32_PhysicalMemoryArray | Select-Object MaxCapacity, MemoryDevices

The output is:

67108864 2

If I calculate 67108864KB / 1.048.576 = 64 GB. So is my maximum capacity 64GB?

Thank you for your help :)

Leon

Answers

• GAMING6698
    GAMING6698 ACE Posts: 7,481 Pathfinder

The Acer Aspire A715-42G can be upgraded to a maximum of 32GB of RAM using two sticks of identical 16GB rams DDR4. For storage, The Acer Aspire A715-42G has only one M.2 PCIe slot for storage, allowing for a maximum upgrade of up to 2TB SSD. If you're looking to increase storage, you'll need to replace the existing SSD with a larger one, as it does not support multiple drives. Higher size may also work but there is low risk that bios may not recognised it.

windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566
  • LeonFerner
    LeonFerner Member Posts: 3 New User

Oh okay, thank you! Is there any specific requirement I need to look for apart from the Generation and Speed?

• GAMING6698
    GAMING6698 ACE Posts: 7,481 Pathfinder

Upgrading RAM: A Step-by-Step Guide

If you want to upgrade your RAM, follow these steps:

1. Check Current RAM Specs:
      • Use CPU-Z to determine your current RAM specs by check SPD tab and Memory tab. CPU-Z provides detailed information about your RAM. If you have any doubts or need clarification, check the RAM model number in CPU-Z and search for it on Google to find exact specifications such as CAS latency (CL), voltage, frequency, and more.
    2. Consider RAM Stick Compatibility:
      • I do NOT recommend using two RAM sticks of different specs, as this can lead to performance issues and is generally a waste of money.

For Optimal RAM Performance:

To achieve the best performance from your RAM upgrade make sure all specs are same, ensure that:

1. Both RAM sticks are of equal size.
    2. Both RAM sticks have the same voltage.
    3. Both RAM sticks have the same CAS latency (CL).
    4. Both RAM sticks are of equal speed (MHz) and are DDR4.
    5. Make sure that you buy JEDEC profile ram. It means dont buy xmp ram or any overclock supported ram.

By following these guidelines, you can ensure a smoother and more efficient performance from your upgraded RAM.

I recommend check crucial rams as they are mostly compatible with oem rams.

Before purchasing RAM, confirm that your laptop currently has one 16GB stick installed. This will allow you to buy an identical 16GB RAM stick for a total of 32GB in dual-channel configuration. Many new laptops come with dual-channel setups, such as 4GB + 4GB = 8GB or 8GB + 8GB = 16GB. To verify, open the back panel of your laptop and check the RAM configuration.

For ssd, You laptop support M.2 2280 Pcie3x4, speed upto 8gbits/Sec.

windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566