Acer warranty for Acer nitro 5 laptop bought 5 months ago.

ibrahem_saleh
ibrahem_saleh Member Posts: 3 New User
edited 5:51AM in Nitro Gaming

I bought an Acer nitro 5 laptop in Turkey 5 months ago. I bought it for school as i am a computer science student. I had no problem with the laptop it was great until two weeks ago while i was studying the laptop suddenly stopped working, i tried to turn it back on but i couldn't. Then all of a sudden there was a spark and the laptop started working again as long as the charger is connected but the graphics card is not working at all. I sent the laptop to the technical service and yesterday they told me that there is a water damage and therefore the laptop is not covered by the warranty. And in order to fix it i have to pay 55000tl, even though i bought the laptop for 27000tl. Which doesn't make any sense at all. I looked it up on the internet and found out that Acer's technical support always say that there's a water damage to make you pay money. I am 100% sure that no water reached the laptop at all. I never eat or drink while using it. I feel that i am being scammed. Now my school starts next week and i don't have a laptop to study.

And when ever i call them they say take it or leave it. I asked to speak to the manager and they refused. They were very rude.

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers