ACER Veriton N2620G Won't boot unless I Reseat RAM or Change RAM slot.

Jolomyke12
Jolomyke12 Member Posts: 5 New User
edited September 16 in Aspire and Veriton Desktops

-I have tried replacing CMOS Battery

-Clean RAM pins and RAM Slot

-Tried New RAM

-Reassembling back all the screws and cover

had the exact Acer model and issue as this link, but no way to contact him if he did fix the problem, https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/566950/my-veriton-n2620g-won-t-boot?utm_source=community-search&utm_medium=organic-search&utm_term=Veriton+N2620G+boot

Please help, Thank you in Advance

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 11,804 Trailblazer
    edited September 16

Hi, this is a 2013 desktop that may have a bad boot drive, it has 2 slots for DDR3 UDIMMS maximum 4GB//slot to a maximum of 8GB total RAM.

Try a new set of 2 x 2GB or 2x 4GB DDR3 RAM modules (see specs on picture) and if that does not help replace the HDD.

• Jolomyke12

What I mean is it won't even give any display or bring me to bios, it just spins the fan on and off, until I give the RAM a reseat then it will boot up normally on widows without any problem.

• Puraw

I understand that but what RAM modules are you using? post the details of the 2 RAM sticks, speed, DDR, voltage etc., If your RAM is bad it won't boot to BIOS.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,421 Trailblazer

If doing a re-seat of the memory allows it to boot then the issue is likely hardware and related to either the memory stick of the slot itself. Perhaps a cotton swab and alcohol would clean the contacts well enough for the memory to work without needed to re-seat it?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,567 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon

Can you boot with just one stick ?

• Jolomyke12

Either the new RAM I bought or the Original RAM that came with the unit gave me the same issue sir, This Unit has been working well with no other issues it's just very slow so I decided to upgrade its RAM and SSD. Now, after installing the new upgrade parts this is where the problem starts, So now I thought that it was because of the new parts that gave me the issue, so I installed back the original HDD and RAM but the problem didn't go away.

ORIGINAL RAM SPECS: 1x2 = 2GB, 1333mhz, DDR3L,1.35v
    AFTERMARKET RAM SPECS: 2X4 = 8GB, 1333mhz, DDR3L,1.35v

• Jolomyke12

That's what I thought too, a hardware issue, because when it boots after freshly reseated RAM it works very well and fast with the upgraded parts. I could just use it normally until I shut down the PC and have to Reaseat the RAM again in order for me to boot. I already clean the RAM pins and Slots very well I am very sure that it has a very good contact with each pin. But now I was thinking of Flashing the BIOS

• Jolomyke12

Yes, no problem either 1 or 2 sticks as long as one of them is newly reseated.

• Puraw

I agree with billsey probably a hardware issue with the RAM controller. There still is a W8 BIOS version available on Acer Support 2015/02/20 P21.B0 that you can try to install.

• Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,567 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon

I would pull the CMOS battery, unplug from AC and let sit overnight for a HARD RESET.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,421 Trailblazer

Yeah, I don't like doing a BIOS update unless the rest of the system is stable. A corrupted BIOS could potentially have an issue with enumerating the ram during initialization, but that would be either a failure each time until you put the old memory back in, or a failure once that fixes itself after a single run through POST. I can't think of any reason for a re-seat of the memory each boot other than a problem with the physical contacts.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.