Acer Aspire A715 (72G) laptop screen flickers, should I need to replace the screen or the laptop?

PjotrPirhagen
PjotrPirhagen Member Posts: 2 New User
edited September 18 in Aspire Laptops

Hi all,

I run on a (not so new anymore) Acer Aspire A715 (72G) laptop. It's still working pretty smooth for the easy tasks I use it for. Recently my screen started flickering out of the blue. Once in a minute it flickers. I want to make sure this is a probable hardware problem, so I can make a decision on wether I want to change the screen or change the laptop as a whole.

I already set the bios back to default settings and did a full re-install of windows 11. After reinstalling it worked alright for like a day and then the problems started all over… oh, and when connected to my external monitor, no problems occur at all.

Anyone has experience or ideas on this problem? Thanks in advance!

Peter

[Edited the thread to add model name and issue detail to the title]

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,441 Trailblazer

This happens on Intel cpu integrated graphics drivers that are not oem for the A715-72G laptop, as it’s a common phenomenon with and if you have updated this driver to the new Intel integrated cpu graphics drivers that cause this in Win-11.

The solution is to uninstall the cpu integrated graphics driver @ Device Manager that is on your A715-72G, then you should install from the Acer Support oem provided Intel driver for the A715-72G laptop cpu graphics driver dated: 2018/10/19 – version: 23.20.16.5018 and then allow Win-11 Update to update the graphics to whatever version windows has for your A715-72G laptop, as its suitable oem Intel cpu integrated graphics driver version, as doing this will stop the flickering of the screen, well it did for my Nitro AN515-56 with a 11th Gen Intel integrated graphics cpu, so try that out as it should work. Good luck and hope this helps you out. Good luck and hope this helps you out.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• PjotrPirhagen
    PjotrPirhagen Member Posts: 2 New User

Thanks alot, this sounds like the solution I was wishing for. I got one more question though…
    Isnt it troublesome to delete your internal graphic card driver, wont it put my screen on black? For the time being the laptop has no driver for the graphic card and so will not function, am I right?

Regards,
    Peter