Steps to reproduce:
1. Setup the Windows 11 for safe boot

2. Restart laptop

3. Before Windows startup, run bios

4. Turn on VMD, save changes and exit bios

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,441 Trailblazer

Where is the VMD setting in the bios, as I have the Aspire A515-57 laptop? As there is NO setting for VMD (Volume Management Device) in Advanced bios section.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 98,180 Trailblazer

Hello! This problem occurs because it is necessary to first activate Safeboot in Windows. To do this, follow these steps:

1. Disable the VMD controller in the BIOS again and boot Windows.
    2. Press Windows+R, type msconfig, go to System Startup and activate Safeboot.
    3. Restart Windows, access the BIOS and activate the VMD controller.
    4. Save and exit the BIOS.
    5. In Windows, disable Safeboot again to boot normally.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,441 Trailblazer

Thanks, for that Commodore_1995# as I didn't really look through my Aspire A515-57 bios for the VMD settings 😁 (my son uses this laptop) and I never had to and/or had those issues that MichaelFly above is pointing out. My Aspire A515-57-56UV works perfectly and without any BSODs and never had/has any BSODs. Maybe a bios update to the last version 1.28 will fix all these issues.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍