Upgraded Aspire a515-51g-51v7 laptop to 16GB RAM, but can't see the 4GB soldered RAM

Kansuke
Kansuke Member Posts: 4 New User
edited September 17 in Aspire Laptops

Hi,
I have a couple of those laptop, I already upgraded one whit a 16gb Crucial Ram.

I'm not shure what is the original setup of this Acer. Cause seems the have a 4gb Ram soldered on board but I doesent see it in bot of my Pc.

I see just a single channel memory slot (in the second slot) and the 1st seem unused.

[Edited the thread to add issue detail to the title]

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,922 Pathfinder

@Kansuke

Below is the upgrade info

Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Jack22
    edited September 17

@Kansuke

Your laptop has 4GB RAM soldered on board, in the second slot you can add upto 16GB

• Kansuke
    edited September 17

ok so on both computer there are 4Gb of Ram that "miss the call"!

I tried to remouve the ram module to see in this case the pc will se the 4gb of ram, it didn't start!
    I tried to enter the Bios but the options are limited, someone tell to press fn+tab 3 times ad f10 to enter in the advanced mode but didn't works

Ps I gought bot laptos labeled 8gb DDR4 and they have a 8gb Ram on board.

• Jack22
  • Kansuke

both laptop are working.
    8gb ram was originally on the pc when I bought both.
    Then I upgraded one swapping the 8gb Adata module whit a crucial 16gb.

The label on the laptop say 8gb.
    So if the specification you have are right my 8gb configuration should have a 4gb module in it (or have 12gb or ram intotal)

I should try to find sone motherboard reference and do a visual inspection may be?

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,441 Trailblazer

Install CPUz and show us the CPUz > SPD and the section of SPD #1 where the 4GB specs should be on the A515-51G laptop, As this laptop should show its soldered ram specs on CPUz > SPD.

For your information the workable ram modules that Acer tested this laptop with are the following:

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• Access the bios and send a photo of the information tab. It should show the amount of memory installed on the main board!

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Kansuke

Bios an CPU-Z tell me the computer have 16gb of ram.
    CPU-Z tell that there is no ram on slot 1.

on the other pc that still in the original configuration all the same but tell 8gb