Acer nitro An515-43 shuts down after a while then hard to turn back on

KaidenBrk
KaidenBrk Member Posts: 3 New User

my acer nitro 5 suddenly turns of after a few minutes and it take a while after i can open it again but sometimes it automatically opens, i tried changing the ssd and ram but it still the same, the battery is charging but that is still happening and when it opens the cooling fan is late when opening unlike before. What do you think is the problem here?

Best Answer

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,441 Trailblazer
    edited September 17 Answer ✓

Do a hard reset as this OFF or blank/black screen while the laptop is ON has happened to my new Nitro 5 laptop, and a hard reset fixed these symptoms as what is happening is that the programmed EC chip is freezing and causing these premature ON/OFF symptoms and/or blank/black screen, and the laptop can’t be turned on from its power key. If the reset doesn’t fix this problem, have a qualified technician or Acer tech support to diagnose your Nitro laptop as there could be issues in the main power rail or something else restricting your laptop from normal operation. Good luck and hope this helps you out further.

Hard Reset: Unscrew the eleven (11) screws on the back cover of your laptop, then carefully pry up the base cover starting from the middle where the vents are to release the cover and latches, take the main battery out and disconnect the RTC/BIOS battery and then short these batteries + & - pins at the mainboard plug and take the ram out, leave the laptop like that for at least 1 hour (preferably overnight) and then reconnect everything.

When reconnecting everything back, if you have 2x ram modules only connect 1x ram module first and alternate the ram to see if the ram is not the issue of the laptop not booting properly or its the EC or Chipset chips that are causing this boot issue as this will reset the laptop and the laptop should boot properly.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

Answers