Battery issues Nitro 5 AN515-55 and it will not turn on except if it is plugged into a power supply

Zicostan
Zicostan Member Posts: 5 New User

Hi,

I am facing battery issues with my Nitro 5 AN515-55 laptop.

Everything used to be functioning ok, charging my laptop and using it either plugged in or on battery. But lately, I cannot use my laptop except if it is plugged in. As soon as I Unplug it, it shuts down immediately. Now while it's plugged in and I'm using it, the battery indicator is flashing orange and the battery n the taskbar says it is 100% charged. Still, unplug = shutdown.

I have tried almost all the suggestions online on this community answers and others I found on Google. I tried to uninstall the battery drivers, shut down the laptop, and then switch it on again (without disconnecting the battery though because I have to remove the back panel to do so). Also, I installed the Acer Care Center which surprisingly tells me that the battery health is good. (screenshot attached)

I ran the battery report but to be honest I have no idea how to interpret what all this data means, attached are screenshots of the report.

I was planning on replacing the battery but I thought I should ask if there is anything I can do to resolve the issue before going out and buying a new battery.

If buying a new battery is my only choice, can someone please recommend a suitable, durable battery for me to buy?

Answers