Acer Swift Go 14 SFG14 73T heating up while charging

Nikhil2421
Nikhil2421 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited August 18 in Swift and Spin Series

I recently purchased Acer swift Go 14 SFG14 73T which heat up while charging and it's too hot..

Best Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,428 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

Yes, it's normal and you don't have to do anything, 81°C is only a peak temperature and the CPU can withstand up to 100°C and mine goes up to 104°C.

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,522 Trailblazer
    edited August 18 Answer ✓

The USB-C port can get hot only during fast charging (45 minutes from 5% to 100% charge), leave the USB-C charger plugged in 24/7 while you use the Swift SFG14-73T so the battery is always fully charged the charger will then reduce voltage for normal (slow) charging and the laptop won't get hot. You should have the USB-C 100W charger like I've got with my Swift SFX14-52G specs i7-1260P/16GB LPDDR5/RTX3050Ti 4GB which for a small 14" laptop does runs hot with all its high tech hardware which your Swist doesn't have, but my Swift is not hot while charging as I've got this laptop plugged in 24/7 into its adapter, so try using and charging your laptop like that.

Also be aware that these 14" Swift laptops have a small thermal module to cool the cpu down in your laptop and for its performance all of these laptops run hot, your Intel® Core™ Ultra 5 professor 125H model would run allot cooler than the top of the range Swift Go with the Intel® Core™ Ultra 9 processor 185H so be aware of that also, as that is something that you have to compromise and put up with the Swift laptops.

If you don't have the 100W USB-C fast charger for the Swift Go SFG14-73T, then get the highlighted oem chargers that Acer provides for these laptops listed below:

Thermal module of the Swift Go SFG14-73T

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

Answers

• brummyfan2

Hi,

Download and install HWMonitor, run it as Admin, post the temperatures section like my picture.

HWMONITOR | Softwares | CPUID

• Nikhil2421
    edited August 18

Thank you so much for your response, I took the screenshot plz find the attachment

And package 60C sometimes go 65/67 also is it normal

• brummyfan2
    Answer ✓

Yes, it's normal and you don't have to do anything, 81°C is only a peak temperature and the CPU can withstand up to 100°C and mine goes up to 104°C.

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,522 Trailblazer
    edited August 18 Answer ✓

The USB-C port can get hot only during fast charging (45 minutes from 5% to 100% charge), leave the USB-C charger plugged in 24/7 while you use the Swift SFG14-73T so the battery is always fully charged the charger will then reduce voltage for normal (slow) charging and the laptop won't get hot. You should have the USB-C 100W charger like I've got with my Swift SFX14-52G specs i7-1260P/16GB LPDDR5/RTX3050Ti 4GB which for a small 14" laptop does runs hot with all its high tech hardware which your Swist doesn't have, but my Swift is not hot while charging as I've got this laptop plugged in 24/7 into its adapter, so try using and charging your laptop like that.

Also be aware that these 14" Swift laptops have a small thermal module to cool the cpu down in your laptop and for its performance all of these laptops run hot, your Intel® Core™ Ultra 5 professor 125H model would run allot cooler than the top of the range Swift Go with the Intel® Core™ Ultra 9 processor 185H so be aware of that also, as that is something that you have to compromise and put up with the Swift laptops.

If you don't have the 100W USB-C fast charger for the Swift Go SFG14-73T, then get the highlighted oem chargers that Acer provides for these laptops listed below:

Thermal module of the Swift Go SFG14-73T

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• Axxo
    Axxo Member, Ally Posts: 540

Overheating can be caused by poor ventilation, dust buildup, or failing cooling fans. Prevention: Ensure that your computer is well-ventilated, regularly clean the dust from your components, and check that all cooling fans are functioning correctly. To help reduce the temperature, you can place the Laptop on a hard, flat surface, clean the air vents and fans, adjust power settings, use a cooling pad, or turn off the Laptop when not in use. If necessary, monitoring the temperature and consulting a professional is also recommended.

—————————————————-

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful.

• Nikhil2421

Thank you so much brummyfan2 & StevenGen for your response and time now am worry free that's it's normal

• NikhilDamerla
    NikhilDamerla Member Posts: 2 New User

Sorry for the out of context question.but. I really need ur help.my laptop is damaged so I couldn't turn it on.but I wanna upgrade ram and HDD of my laptop wn I give it for the repair. For that I wanna order HDD nd a 8gb ddr4 ram .but question is I don't know whether my laptop supports them or not. I would be very happy if u could do something for that.

My laptop is acer Swift 3 Intel i3 8th gen 8130U

Model number :-SF313-51-30EP

Part number:-NX.H3YSI.002

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,507 Trailblazer

That model comes with 4GB, 8GB or 16GB soldered to the motherboard and the memory is not expandable. It does have a single M.2 slot that supports either SATA or NVMe SSDs, so you can upgrade the storage.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • NikhilDamerla
    NikhilDamerla Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi thx for the response.wt does it mean i can upgrade SSD..? Do I need to remove the old one to put new one or can I do it without removing old one..?