Acer Veriton N4660G - getting blue screen while starting up after upgrading to Windows 11. Solution?

ContiLinesGroup
ContiLinesGroup Member Posts: 4 New User

We have more than 1 Desktop in the company for model Acer Veriton N4660G.

Since several months we have encountered a problem with all these devices getting a blue screen while starting up. (Windows 10)

So we upgraded this desktops to Windows 11 to probably fix the issue with the blue screens.

Windows 11 installed on all devices but the blue screens issues are not solved.

Desktops have the latest firmware from the Acer's website.

Nothing has changed on the hardware of the devices.

Can you inform us what causes this problem and if any other users encountering the same problems with the blue screens.

Thanks in advance.

[Edited the thread to add model number to the title and to add issue detail]

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,860 Trailblazer

BSODs really need more details to diagnose. Can you take some pictures? There is often a lot more information than just that there was a blue screen.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,615 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon

Does it always happen on start up, past the boot or after Windows greeting ??

I assume that the ventilation is ok , on all of the units.

I would try to look at history logs to see if a common app/program is running.

Check your startup enabled in the Task Managers to see if you have picked up an unwanted app ?

• ContiLinesGroup

It does not happen always. It happens mostly after just starting up windows

• billsey

Show us pictures so we can see what the faulting modules are…

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • ContiLinesGroup

Sometimes at starting Up the computer a blue screen occurs, restarting mostly fix the problem, but the blue screen occurs frequently.

• billsey

OK, it was ntfs.sys that threw the error, so something to do with the filesystem. What drives are in it or connected, and how are they partitioned? Do you think it stable enough to try to run CHKDSK on it? Does it act better when booting to safe mode?

• ContiLinesGroup

Drives are OK, Blue screen is not always, in fact 1 time per 30 startups. Today we got blue screen. We have 3 devices in the company, all 3 devices get sometimes blue screens at startup. Firmware is updated to latest version on all devices. It's nice that it happens at startup and not while working in applications. I think the firmware is the issue. Hard disks for all devices are healthy after checking them.

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,859 Trailblazer

Follow this guide "How to Fix ‘Page Fault in Nonpaged Area’ BSOD Error in Windows 10/11" as this “PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA” error occurs due to memory issues in Windows or bad hardware like faulty memory modules. We have included multiple ways to fix the PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA BSOD error on Windows 10 and 11. Go through the troubleshooter systematically and apply the fixes. If you have an IT technician get him to do this for you.Good luck.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍