How to upgrade my 512GB SSD into 1TB SSD without removing existing SSD Slot in SFG14-71 (13700H)????

ArhamAli
ArhamAli Member Posts: 24

Tinkerer

edited August 2 in Swift and Spin Series

i want to increase my SSD storage of 512gb into 1tb without removing/replacing the existing SSD Slot in my new Acer Swift Go 14 Evo i7 13th gen H series laptops i.e, SFG14-71 (13700H).

There is Only 1 video at YouTube about SSD Upgradation.

Meanwhile I searched all over the internet but didn't get the sufficient information about it.

Hence please tell me how can I utilise the Extra slot which is present inside SFG14-71 (13700H) Laptop

NOTE: In that YouTube video, they claims that there is an extra slot for 1TB SSD under the "Black Tape of Battery or Cooling fan" or something like that which I don't understand 🤔 🤨🧐

Please provide us step by step video tutorial & written solutions with pictures so that I can upgrade my Laptop storage (Because many people say RAM & Storage Cannot Upgrade but the YouTube says there is an Extra slot for 1TB SSD)

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,432 Trailblazer

Hi,

Yes, it's under the cooling fans, the tape is white in colour, it connects the USB board to the motherboard, once you open the back cover, BTW, you may have to buy a torque screw driver set, if you don't have one, please check the screws at the base cover before start using any other screw driver, don't rush and take your time opening the base cover, it's better to switch off the laptop when you work inside, anyway, once you open the cover disconnect the battery, then flip open the tabs securing the FFC tape, the empty slot is underneath that cable, you can install up to a 1TB Gen 4 M.2 SSD in the slot.

Insert the new SSD and secure with the screw, reconnect the USB board cable, close the base cover and secure with screws.

• ArhamAli
    ArhamAli Member Posts: 24

Tinkerer

Well... Will it not have any negative effect on the batter?

Because I mean it is very very closed to the battery so does it increase the temperature of Battery or Laptop???

Does it increase the Load of Cooling Fans or Battery or Motherboard????

Did you ever upgrade the SSD of this Laptop model???

If yes then how was your reviews

Please give me your honest feedback???? 🙏🏻

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,432 Trailblazer

I don't think so because you can see from the first picture the original SSD also close to the battery, there's a reasonable space between the battery and the second SSD slot.

Sorry I am unable to answer rest of the questions because I don't have this model, so you have to wait for other members' reply.

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,772 Trailblazer

The best way to increase the Swift Go SFG14-71 SSD1 boot drive to a larger capacity like 1TB M.2 SSD drive is to do a CLONE of your existing 512GB boot drive onto the new 1TB drive.

The Swift Go SFG14-71 laptop has both SSD1 and SSD2 M.2 slots at PCIe Gen.4x4 M.2 speed, so use a quick M.2 SSD drive like the 1TB Samsung 990 Pro NVMe as that will not only give you more capacity, but it will be the quickest M.2 drive on the market in MB/s read/write speeds, plus Samsung has a great software called Magician that has a cloning program within called Data Migration that you can easily clone the old 512GB OS drive to the new Samsung 990 Pro M.2 SSD 1TB drive. Its a very easy process as you use the new 1TB as the new boot drive and the old drive you can use in SSD2 M.2 slot of the laptop as a slave drive. Btw, I'm talking from personal experience as I've done the same to my Swift X SFX14-51G and with the new 1TB Samsung 990 Pro NVMe M.2 drive, my Swift X works allot quicker than before for both multitasking and gaming in my laptop with the RTX3050 Ti gpu. Good luck and hope this helps you out.

Swift Go SFG14-71 storage specs

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍