PH315-55-70ZV Battery Capacity Dropped from 90614W to 1894W in 1-Day Duration

Arslan_12
Arslan_12 Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited June 21 in Predator Laptops

The details of the laptop are as follows:

Acer - Predator Helios 300 - 15.6" FHD 165Hz Gaming Laptop - Intel Core i7 - 16GB DDR5 - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 - 512GB SSD - Abyss Black

Model: PH315-55-70ZV SKU: 6504563

I have bought this laptop from Bestbuy USA in Dec 2022 and being using it for last two years in Pakistan.

What can be the issue?

BIOS, Driver or Battery

Battery Capacity screenshot is attached for reference.

Looking towards a positive response.

Regards,
Arslan

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 12,011 Trailblazer

This laptop comes with 90Wh and 54Wh both 4-cell batteries with up to 330-Watt power adapter, what kind of power adapter are you using? To charge the 90Wh battery you need the 330-Watt adapter. You can also use a 100-Watt USB-C charger.
    Make another Battery Report, open with the Edge browser and right click, select "Print to Microsoft PDF" all pages and attach the PDF to your reply, type @Puraw at the top or click on "Quote" at the bottom of this post to reply.

• Arslan_12

Tinkerer

@Puraw

I am using the 280W original charger which came with the laptop. Document of charger details and Pdf (Battery report) is attached below.

• Muhil
    Muhil Member Posts: 509 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon

what intel driver version are u using ?

• Arslan_12

Tinkerer

@Muhil

The details of the battery driver is mentioned in the file.

Looking forward to hear from you.

Regards,
    Arslan

• Muhil

im asking about this driver

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 4,115 Pathfinder

@Arslan_12

Try to do a power cycle by unplugging the charger with the laptop in the off state. Hold the power button for 10 seconds.

Since it shows that the battery's capacity has dropped significantly, how long does the laptop stay on with the battery power?

Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • Arslan_12

Tinkerer

@Muhil

Please find the attached screenshot of intel Gpu driver.

Furthermore, the battery capacity has now increased from 1894mWh to 27366mWh (See the pdf file below).

Regards,

• Arslan_12

Tinkerer

@AnhEZ28

I haven't tried this method yet, but will try it later.

Furthermore, the battery capacity has now increased from 1894mWh to 27366mWh (See the pdf file below).

Regards,

• Muhil

bro i asked about the intel graphics drover version like this in above screenshot

@Arslan_12

• Arslan_12

Tinkerer

@Muhil

Sorry Bro, I thought I had attached the screenshot.

• AnhEZ28

@Arslan_12

If the capacity has gone back to normal, try to use the laptop on battery power until about 5-8% and then fully recharge again.

Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
  • Arslan_12

Tinkerer

@AnhEZ28

The battery capacity is not back to normal entirely. It has just increased from 1894mWh to 27366mWh. The original capacity is 90614mWh.

Regards,

• AnhEZ28

@Arslan_12

Try to drain and recharge the battery a couple of times.

• Sanjay999
    Sanjay999 Member Posts: 3 New User

I am having a similar issue. My battery rapidly depleted in a matter of three days. It went from 80k mWh to around 700 mWh. I have tried everything from resetting the drivers to doing power cycles but the battery doesn't last more than two minutes on full charge. I even restored Windows to its factory setting hoping it would fix the issue. I bought this computer in Nov 2022 and it has been having major issues in less than two years. I have attached my battery report. I used the original charger and used to have the battery charge limit set to 80% but recently this issue started.

• AnhEZ28

@Sanjay999

Seems like there is something wrong with the battery. If the laptop is still under warranty, ask Acer to replace the battery.

• Arslan_12

Tinkerer

@Sanjay999

Which country do you live in and at what temperature have you been using the laptop? I am from Lahore, Pakistan and the temperature here had gone up to 45 degree Celsius. I have been using laptop for gaming in those conditions. I think the battery got damaged due to these high temperatures.

What are your thoughts?

I have also bought the laptop in December 2022 from BestBuy.

• Sanjay999
    Sanjay999 Member Posts: 3 New User

I currently live in the US, but I spent the last year and a half in Toronto, CA. I usually keep my thermostat at around 78°F or 26°C. I don't think temperature is the issue, as those are ideal conditions. Unfortunately, my laptop's warranty has expired, and I'm not sure what caused the problem. I only started gaming on it six months ago (I play Fortnite on medium settings). Occasionally, I also used the laptop for machine learning and AI projects. I'm pretty sure the day before the problem started, Windows auto-updated to the newest version. Since then, the battery capacity has been draining rapidly. I've tried everything from driver resets to power cycles to restoring a previous Windows update, but nothing has worked. Currently, the battery drains from 100% to 0% in about six minutes. I am currently using the computer ALWAYS plugged in because of this issue. Please help. I've also made another post here with an answer (though nothing that can be easily fixed).

@AnhEZ28

@Arslan_12

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 12,011 Trailblazer

Hi,

You have a bad battery; replace the battery and you will be OK. Connected standby not supported means that the battery was disabled by the internal Smart chip. 😑

• Hamza6473
    Hamza6473 Member Posts: 1 New User

@Arslan_12

I am from Pakistan as well and bought this exact same model on Dec 2022, and having this exact same problem.

I have read the discussion and decided to buy a new battery.
    Unfortunately, i can't find a seller that will ship the battery to Pakistan.

Acer - Predator Helios 300 - 15.6" FHD 165Hz Gaming Laptop - Intel Core i7 - 16GB DDR5 - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 - 512GB SSD - Abyss Black

Model: PH315-55-70ZV