Predator Helios 3D 15 (PH3D15-71-92TF) with Spatial Labs and Spatial Labs Experience Center Pro

longbeach
longbeach Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited July 15 in SpatialLabs

I have a question regarding the SpatialLabs features of your laptops. I am an engineer working with BIM, interested in purchasing a workstation with glasses-free 3D functionality, and I am primarily considering the PREDATOR HELIOS 3D 15 (PH3D15-71-92TF). Given the cost of the product, I would like to clarify some software features that I read about on your page www.acer.com/us-en/spatiallabs, particularly in reference to the SpatialLabs Experience Center. In the table at the bottom of the page, it clearly states that the Pro version of the said suite is only available for the Acer Aspire 3D 15 SpatialLabs Edition, a model that seems to have lower specifications and price. I understand that the PREDATOR is mainly designed for gaming, but as I intend to use it for rendering, I was wondering if it is possible to upgrade the base version of the SpatialLabs Experience Center with all the functionalities of the Pro version (e.g., Add-ons for Model Viewer).

[Edited the thread to add model number to the title]

Best Answer

• GAMING6698
    GAMING6698 ACE Posts: 7,650 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓

The Predator Helios 300 SpatialLabs Edition laptop appears to be a powerful device well-suited for 3D rendering and modeling tasks, with its high-end specifications like the i9-13900HX processor, RTX 4080 GPU, and ample storage and memory. However, you are correct that the advanced SpatialLabs Pro features with additional functionality like the Model Viewer add-on are currently only available on the lower-specced Aspire 3D 15 SpatialLabs Edition model.

This limitation on the Predator's SpatialLabs capabilities, despite its superior hardware, is understandably frustrating. The decision to reserve the Pro version for the more affordable Aspire model seems like an artificial market segmentation that may deter potential customers like yourself who require those advanced 3D tools.

Acer may announced any plans to offer an upgrade or Pro version of the SpatialLabs software for the Predator line soon.

I am done here and you can contact Acer customer care in your region for feedback, feature demand, etc throught below link if you want

https://www.acer.com/us-en/support/contact-acer

windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566

Answers

• GAMING6698
    edited July 15

The Predator Helios 300 SpatialLabs Edition laptop is capable of providing a glasses-free 3D experience, but the advanced SpatialLabs Experience Center Pro features are only available on the more affordable Aspire 3D 15 SpatialLabs Edition model.
    While the Predator Helios 300 SpatialLabs Edition has the core SpatialLabs technology, it does not include the full suite of Pro software tools like the Model Viewer add-ons that would be most beneficial for your BIM rendering work.
    Unfortunately, there is no option to upgrade the base SpatialLabs Experience Center on the Predator Helios 300 to the Pro version. The Pro features are exclusive to the Aspire 3D 15 SpatialLabs Edition laptop.

Both of these laptops are unique in their own work and capabilities.

• longbeach

Tinkerer

I think this is a wrong choice because deliberately limiting the features of the top-of-the-line product can certainly deter purchases. The PREDATOR HELIOS 3D 15 has the specifications I'm looking for (i9-13900HX, RTX 4080 12GB, 32GB DDR5-SDRAM, 3 USB 3.2, 2 Thunderbolt4, 2TB SSD), but its higher price compared to the competition is justified by the 3D capabilities. If I can only play with 3D models, I don't see the value in the investment. The Aspire 3D 15 has much lower specifications, even half (i7-13620H, RTX 4050 6GB, 16GB DDR5-SDRAM, 3 USB 3.2, 1 Thunderbolt4, 1TB SSD), and its higher price compared to the competition is also justified by the 3D capabilities. Personally, I would never buy a laptop in 2024 for over €2000 with 16GB of RAM, 1TB of SSD, and only one USB Type-C port.

It's a real shame because I wanted to buy the PREDATOR during these days of offers, but I don't feel like investing €600-1000 more for non-professional 3D features, which in my case might end up being an expensive toy. I don't know ACER's commercial choices and I don't mean to judge them, this is just my opinion.

If anyone could suggest the right channel to communicate with the technical service to see if a solution can be found, I would be very grateful. Thanks for the reply!

• GAMING6698
    Answer ✓

The Predator Helios 300 SpatialLabs Edition laptop appears to be a powerful device well-suited for 3D rendering and modeling tasks, with its high-end specifications like the i9-13900HX processor, RTX 4080 GPU, and ample storage and memory. However, you are correct that the advanced SpatialLabs Pro features with additional functionality like the Model Viewer add-on are currently only available on the lower-specced Aspire 3D 15 SpatialLabs Edition model.

This limitation on the Predator's SpatialLabs capabilities, despite its superior hardware, is understandably frustrating. The decision to reserve the Pro version for the more affordable Aspire model seems like an artificial market segmentation that may deter potential customers like yourself who require those advanced 3D tools.

Acer may announced any plans to offer an upgrade or Pro version of the SpatialLabs software for the Predator line soon.

I am done here and you can contact Acer customer care in your region for feedback, feature demand, etc throught below link if you want

https://www.acer.com/us-en/support/contact-acer

• Hackness
    Hackness Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited July 16

There is SpatialLabs Experience Center Professional (Special Edition for Education) for download in the Predator Helios 3D 15 Spatiallabs Edition support page, but I'm not sure what will happen to the Non-pro software so I didn't try it. You can search PH3D15-71 Support and it should show up on google.

• longbeach

Tinkerer