A715-76G How do I make my new laptop show me partitions/drivers when installing Windows 11?

Shaluppa
Shaluppa Member Posts: 3 New User
edited June 25 in Aspire Laptops

Hi everyone! I just purchased a brand new Acer Aspire A715-76G and, after it arrived, I wanted to begin to set it up (as it had no OS installed). Using my old HP laptop, I downloaded the Windows 11 media creation tool on a USB drive and then I attempted to install it on the Acer laptop.

Everything was fine up until the step where I had to select a partition on which to install the OS, as there was no partition showing up. After some more research I found out that I had to download a drive on the same USB drive in order for the partitions to appear. I downloaded the IRST (Intel® Rapid Storage Technology) Driver that I found on the official Acer site, and that corresponds to the model of my laptop.

I attempted the installation again, but when I selected the folder containing the driver (via Load driver option), it still couldn't find any driver or partition for me to use and I have no idea what else to do.

I would really appreciate if someone could give me step-by-step instructions on how to make the new laptop show me the partitions/drivers when I want to install windows 11!

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Best Answer

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,522 Trailblazer
    edited June 26 Answer ✓

The Aspire A715-76G uses the IRST (Intel® Rapid Storage Technology) Driver version 19.2.0.1003 which is the correct driver to install and will make your M.2 SSD boot drive be recognized at the windows installation section of “Where do you want to install Windows >Load driver” (see captions below).

I suggest that you follow and use the Rufus 4.5 bootable software guide for the Win-11 23H2 .ISO to construct and install Win-11 23H2 with a USB and then place the unzipped folder files of the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology) Driver version 19.2.0.1003 onto the boot USB, as that is important. Then reboot the laptop and you should get a screen notification that the USB is in boot mode and the Aspire A715-76G will boot into the Win-11 23H2 installation process and then you can proceed to install Win-11 23H2, it’s a very simple process. Good luck.

Check the following:

1. If the IRST download driver is not corrupted
    2. Check if the "SATA mode" in BIOS is set to Intel RST/RAID mode before installing the operating system.
    3. If all else fails, then check out this step-by-step extensive guide of what you need to do at [Windows 11/10] Troubleshooting - Cannot find drives when installing Windows 11/10 as it explains it very well.

Win-11 installation IRST Load driver section

The driver needed will depend on the manufacturer of the computer, as some manufacturers recommend the 467F IRST version to the 09AB version, Intel recommends the version 09AB which is the correct IRST version for Acer laptops, so use the 09AD version as it will work 100%.

Note: the below caption IRST caption is only a sample and its not the Aspire A715-76G IRST exact version

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

Answers

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 4,115 Pathfinder
    edited June 26

@Shaluppa

Does it show anything when you untick the checkbox "hide drivers that aren't compatible with this computer's hardware"

Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,522 Trailblazer
    edited June 26 Answer ✓

The Aspire A715-76G uses the IRST (Intel® Rapid Storage Technology) Driver version 19.2.0.1003 which is the correct driver to install and will make your M.2 SSD boot drive be recognized at the windows installation section of “Where do you want to install Windows >Load driver” (see captions below).

I suggest that you follow and use the Rufus 4.5 bootable software guide for the Win-11 23H2 .ISO to construct and install Win-11 23H2 with a USB and then place the unzipped folder files of the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology) Driver version 19.2.0.1003 onto the boot USB, as that is important. Then reboot the laptop and you should get a screen notification that the USB is in boot mode and the Aspire A715-76G will boot into the Win-11 23H2 installation process and then you can proceed to install Win-11 23H2, it’s a very simple process. Good luck.

Check the following:

1. If the IRST download driver is not corrupted
    2. Check if the "SATA mode" in BIOS is set to Intel RST/RAID mode before installing the operating system.
    3. If all else fails, then check out this step-by-step extensive guide of what you need to do at [Windows 11/10] Troubleshooting - Cannot find drives when installing Windows 11/10 as it explains it very well.

Win-11 installation IRST Load driver section

The driver needed will depend on the manufacturer of the computer, as some manufacturers recommend the 467F IRST version to the 09AB version, Intel recommends the version 09AB which is the correct IRST version for Acer laptops, so use the 09AD version as it will work 100%.

Note: the below caption IRST caption is only a sample and its not the Aspire A715-76G IRST exact version

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• Shaluppa
    Shaluppa Member Posts: 3 New User

@AnhEZ28 thank you for your response! When I unticked that box it still didn't show any partitions. But after all, I just solved the issue completely on accident as I tried to select each subfolder of the IRST Driver that I downloaded from the Acer website at a time, and at some point, the partitions appeared after I selected one of the subfolders :)