Acer Nitro 5 AN517-54 , bottom screen constant flicker on anything higher than 60 HZ

Mithandril
Mithandril Member Posts: 2 New User
edited June 25 in Nitro Gaming

Hello there people ! Even thus I did look online , and searched trough thin n thick for answers and solutions , this stupid issue still persists… I've bought this baby 2 years ago ( n most likely my warranty it's gone ) back while I was in Canada working , now , after returning to Romania for a while , when I did start my laptop , I did see that whenever I leave it IDLE or I'm playing any kind of GAME , the bottom part of the screen keeps flickering horizontally , I did try literally everything with rollbacking drivers , disabling the MOP , reinstalling drivers , soo on , but still absolutely NOTHING WORKS , unless my Hz it's set on 60 ,and I do really enjoy having the 144 HZ on my display … anyone knows any kind of solution for this ?
( also to mention , i did not hit , spill water , or cause absolutely ANY DAMAGE to my baby , and whenever it's gettin its monthly dust cleaning everything it's done in the most gentle and carefull way possible …

Soo, if anyone has any ideeas , or did encounter the same issue … PLZ HALP :o3

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,522 Trailblazer
    edited June 25

The only symptom that I’ve experienced with flickering in my Nitro 5 which is a 2021 AN515-56 that is a very similar spec Nitro laptop to your AN517-54 with my spec Nitro also having a 144Hz refresher rate screen with the i7-11370H cpu and RTX3050 gpu and 32GB DDR4 32000Mhz ram, I don’t know your exact specs? But what I’ve experienced is that whenever I install a new Intel ® Iris® Xe Graphics driver for the integrated cpu graphics the screen flickers for about 10 minutes and then stops, also whenever I attempt to update the Intel ® Iris® Xe Graphics driver for the last 4 updates I get a BSOD at the end of the Intel drive installation which didn’t happen before but the new driver install perfectly.

I don’t know what driver you are running in your Nitro AN517-54 but it could be either an Intel driver problem or an NVidia driver problem. Try to do this:

1. Use DDU to completely uninstall the Nvidia gaming driver and all audio
    2. Reinstall the Nvidia driver through first installing GeForce Experience Software scan and install the latest Nvidia driver for your AN517-54 gpu as a clean install with the GeForce Experience Software downloaded driver.
    3. Use DDU the same with the Intel ® Iris® Xe Graphics driver to completely uninstall the driver and then reinstall the driver.

Try that as you must have conflicting graphic drivers causing this flickering or your eDP cable could be damaged from opening and closing the laptop where this screen main cable runs and can get damaged, so you need to check that out too. Otherwise, it’s the screen mainboard that has a faulty chip that needs to be diagnosed by an experienced technician,

Btw, there is a great Romanian technician he is situated just outside London, so look him up at Sorin Electronics that he shows screen flickering problems and allot of screen repairs for laptops on his You Tube Channel who is an expert in fixing these screens and flickering problems that really work. Btw, I’m Romanian too, well sort off, I was 6 years old when my family left Romania in 1956 after the communists took over, which was many many years ago😀. I suggest that you get into contact with Sorin and see if he has a solution, he also has a Patron site Sorin where you can get individual support for a problem, which is very helpful also. Good luck and hope this helps you out.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 98,240 Trailblazer

Hello! There are several bios versions that mention fixes for the display. Can you tell me the bios version?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Mithandril
    Mithandril Member Posts: 2 New User

Here's what my BIOS version is !

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,522 Trailblazer

As I've said above, you need to have your bios up to date as your Nitro 5 AN517-54 is 8 bios version behind the last bios version 1.20 which has a fis in bios version 1.1.11 titled "1. Disable DDRS setting for BOE LCD. 2. Modify C state to auto." which should fix your flickering problems together with what I've suggested above. Good luck.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍