Acer Veriton X4660G, PSU fan is still spinning after the computer shuts down

EmonGwapito
EmonGwapito Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

Does anyone know what the fix is for this? All the other fans, as well as my keyboard, mouse, etc., turned off, but the fan in my PSU keeps spinning after I shut down my computer. I tried to Google it and saw that there are some settings in the BIOS called ERP. However, I do not see these settings in the Acer BIOS. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Answers

• Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,573 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon

Maybe it is still too hot ??

Is it dirty ?

Vents clean ?

Programs still active ??

• EmonGwapito
    EmonGwapito Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

The PSU is very new since I’ve recased it into an mATX. It is clean, and even when I just plug in the power, the PSU fan starts spinning

• Larryodie

You have something connected or wired wrong if the fan comes on when plugged in. I assume that the keyboard doesn't light up when the unit is plugged in ???

• Larryodie

The fan should have 3 wires, so see if there is any 3 wire sockets near it.

A picture would help.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,513 Trailblazer

The power supply will provide some power to the motherboard at all times, that's needed in order for the power button (which is connected to the motherboard, not the power supply itself) to energize the circuit that tells the PSU to go ahead and start up. That might be why the fan stays spinning. If it's an issue, just stick the system on a power strip and turn it all the way off with that. It will make things slower to boot, but not by a lot.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.