Upgrade options for Acer Aspire 7 AMD A715-43G-R15D NH.QHDEX.00C

sureja
sureja Member Posts: 3 New User

Hello ,

I am considering buying a laptop Aspire 7 AMD A715-43G-R15D NH.QHDEX.00C and I need some information on this laptop that I cant find it.

1 . laptop has 16 gb of ram , does anyone know if this ram is 2X8GB or 1X16GB of ram? And what brand and model is inside ? Because I would like to have a laptop with dual channel memory on board.

2. SSD replacement. My current laptop has 512gb storage space and it is 90 % full. I would like to buy this laptop and disk at the same time and upgrade. Does anyone know max capacity for storage on this laptop per storage slot and type of disk that is suported? All I can find is that has one ssd slot for ssd disk M.2 gen 3 type, but not if can capacity be 1TB or 2 TB. And can it be disk with its one heatsink on ? If on paper suports only 1TB of storage is it possible to put 2TB? Is limited by size of the disk on 1tb or software?

3. Is it possible to upgrade the battery on this laptop? If it is , what type of battery is needed ?

Is there specs on internet somewhere with this kind of detail? Where ?

This laptop is on discount in the store and current price is 700 euros. And the store has authorized service for this laptop and they offered to do ugrade for free if I buy everthing there. Do you think this is ok price for this laptop?

People with this laptop :

1. Are you happy with it ?

2. Would you recommended this laptop for somebody who is going to use it for : office work, browsing, streaming videos from internet and video recording it with sreen capture program and of course watching movies, some light picture editing ( maybe 10 times a year) , playing old games like magic match that is playing one Lenovo G50-30, some 3D designs floor plans . It is important to me that it has at least 3 usb 3.2 type A , 1 usb type C.

Thanks in advance , and my apologize for long and many questions.

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 11,828 Trailblazer

This review has most of the details you are asking: https://laptopmedia.com/review/acer-aspire-7-a715-43g-review-brings-ray-tracing-to-the-office/ it will have 2x8GB RAM that runs in Dual Channel Mode.
    Note that there is only one M.2 PCIe x4 slot, which works with Gen 3 SSDs. You may want to buy a laptop with 2 PCIe M.2 slots with at least 1 Gen4 SSD slot. You can't upgrade the battery and read the verdict at the end: "Considering this laptop as a gaming device would be wrong".

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,448 Trailblazer
    edited June 8

In my opinion and from allot of the posts on this forum the AMD CPU laptops overheat and do not have as good a support as Intel, also there are many more Intel laptops sold than AMD, so consider these factor(s) seriously before you buy, this is just my opinion. As far as the questions that you are asking here are the answers:

1. This laptop comes with 1x 16GB DDR4-3200Mhz CL22 module (but it depends on which country you are in, as it could also come with 1x 8GB ram for budget reasons) but this laptops has 2x ram slots so you can add another module of the same ram to get double sided ram and to increase the total ram to this laptop's max capacity of 32GB at DDR4-32000Mhz CL22 type ram.
    2. This laptop uses 1x PCIe Gen.3x4 M.2 SSD drive and capacities in a windows OS system is determined by what format the drive is formatted to e.g. MBR/Legacy format has a capacity of 2.2TB max while the GUID (GPT) format has a max capacity of 8 petabytes (1 petabyte = 1000TB), For best Gen 3 - 4 or 5 M.2 SSD drives performance have a look at this benchmark SSD Benchmarks Hierarchy 2024
    3. No, you can't upgrade the battery to a more powerful battery for this laptop, the A715-43G operates with either a 4470mAh or a 3550mAh type batteries and you should always use the oem supplied battery for any laptop. If you play games always play games with the laptop plugged into the mains power.
    Aspire 7 AMD A715-43G specs

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• sureja

Thank you for answear. I dont need a gaming laptop , all I need is laptop that has at least 3X usb 3.0 A, good colling, is good in multimedia staff ( compare with lenovo g50-30 ), 3D designs. Do you have some recommendation for me? Not including any Asus laptos or HP?

• sureja

Thans for the answer. Helps a lot with this particular laptop. I heard that AMD laptops overheats less than intel variants. Is this wrong then? I dont need a gaming laptop , all I need is laptop that has at least
    3X usb 3.0 A, good colling, is good in multimedia staff ( compare with lenovo g50-30 ), 3D designs. Do you have some recommendation for me? Not including any Asus laptos or HP? I even considered laptos with integrated graphics only, but they have ridiculously small openings on laptops for ventilation. Do you think it will the job ? Any recommendations ?

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,448 Trailblazer

The A715-43G-R15D which I forgot to tell you is not a gaming laptop its a general all-round laptop for all that you need to do including gaming. Get an Intel Aspire 7 laptop as its a better laptop and has better support from Intel and its drivers.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 11,828 Trailblazer
    edited June 8

For 3D design you want a 3-4K at least 16" OLED 120Hz panel but none of these laptops have passive cooling like the 200 nits Lenovo G50-30. You want 400 nits for multimedia and HDR, 32GB DDR5-5200Mhz RAM preferred and 2 NVMe Gen4 SSDs 2-4GB. Consider the latest Swift Go 16 series (SFG16-72, i7 13700H but only 16GB soldered RAM, $1,000 Amazon) that have full metallic bodies with very strong steel hinges that open180°.