ram speed in acer nitro 5 and fps NHQEWAL00B

frm3123
frm3123 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited April 14 in Nitro Gaming

Hello everyone, I recently bought an Acer Nitro 5 that came with 16 GB of ram at 3200 MHz, an i7 11800H and the RTX 3060. My problem is that in the task manager it tells me that the rams go to 2933 MHz, adding that seeing some benchmarks of raimbow six reap with a nitro 5 with an i5-10300H it did much better in ultra graphics specifically at 144 fps stuck. Can you give me some advice on how to fix my problem since the bios doesn't let me modify much, apart from that I don't know if I have to improve something in the system or similar, I will attach my screenshots. also this is the yt video

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 12,585 Trailblazer

Acer Nitro 5 AN517-54 2022 model (Intel Tiger Lake) supports up to 64GB DDR4-3200MHz RAM.

Maybe the 2 modules are not running in Dual Channel mode, run CPU-Z and check the box I circled in red, 2x 64 bit is Dual Channel:

If these 2 modules are mixed, you won't get 3200MHz. Replace the 2x8GB (16GB) for a different SODIMM brand, or if you want more RAM 2x16GB-3200MHz it should be a kit with 2 identical modules that run in Dual Channel mode at 3200MHz like this Crucial kit: https://www.crucial.com/memory/ddr4/ct2k8g4sfra32a/ct18826485?_gl=1*1wd57ia*_up*MQ..*_ga*MTk0Njc0MzI4OS4xNzEzMDQ4MDE5*_ga_6H4RYWV7QY*MTcxMzA0ODAxOS4xLjAuMTcxMzA0ODAxOS4wLjAuMTI3NTAwODUw

• frm3123
    frm3123 Member Posts: 2 New User

yeah so i need to replace te modules and it should work with that ? and as you mentioned my rams are runing in single channel and the bios don´t let me change it.

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,821 Trailblazer

The reason why you are not getting a ram combined speed of 3200MHz and you are getting a ram speed of 2933MHz in Task Manager is because the A-DATA and the SK HYNIX ram are different modules and are not compatible together and do not give the 3200MHz combined speed and give a combined ram speed of 2933Mhz, if you want to upgrade your ram, you always buy the same or match the same ram module that is fitted oem in your laptop from the manufacturer that Acer fits oem which is usually a SK HYNIX module or if you want to upgrade to lets say 32GB total ram you buy the same spec 32GB Kit from the same ram manufacturer that your laptop has oem. Ram has to be matched as even the same ram specs do not operate in combination together like its with your laptop.

Below is a CPUz SPD from a Nitro AN515-56 that its Slot#1 is the oem 8GB DDR4-3200MHz CL22 type ram that Acer fitted to this laptop, at Slot#2 is the DDR4-3200MHz CL22 type ram that has been added to upgrade this laptop from oem 8GB oem ram to 16Gb total ram, which makes it operate at CPUz Memory > Channel #: 2x 64bit (which is Dual Channel) and at 3200Mhz ram speed in Task Manager. As you can see that both ram modules are SK HYNIX type ram and they are from the same manufacturer which you should have, as not all ram can be combined even if its the same ram specs like you have to give the 3200MHz speed and that is why you are getting the Task manager 1933MHz ram speed. Good luck and hope this helps you out further.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍