Predator Sense Not working anymore what predator services even don't show in the Task Manager

Rimmu
Rimmu Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 9 in Acer Software

My Predator Sense is not working I've done all troubleshooting like uninstalling and installing it was still the same did I accidentally delete something, or what predator services even don't show in the services in Task Manager

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• TimmyLee
    TimmyLee Member Posts: 124 Die Hard WiFi Icon
    edited March 7

Exact same issue. Been working on it for days. I got it to work a couple days by running the program in Windows troubleshooting Compatibility Mode, but I continued troubleshooting to fix the keyboard lighting and somehow undid my fix and now I cannot repeat the process. Looks just like yours. I've tried about 15 different fixes around this forum and around the web and none of them worked. Several of them mentioned locating this process/service in your list above ( PSSvc service ) but I never saw it running, even when Predator Sense was running.

• Rimmu

Hey @TimmyLee i figured a way to fix it i bassically formatted or reset the whole laptop saving only windows and started from scratch the PSSvc service is still not present tho predator sense was working when downloaded from the MS store and not the one on the acer links i think its bugged i tried to install the same file and it was back to where our problem started. So i suggest you just format then download from the store and leave it at that

• TimmyLee

I couldn't find any PredatorSense in the Microsoft Store by searching for it. I downloaded a recent update to the PHN16-72 SENSE APP (which is not my unit, (Mine is PHN16-71) but it was a January '24 date on it instead of November. I got a few warnings when I installed it about not for my machine, I ignored them and it works great now,, except for the keyboard lights which I believe may now be hardware.

• Rimmu

I think you should go have it checked out on the service centers i personally went there they told me that formating is the key of course charging me with money but i just went home and done it my self. Btw the predator sense was in my task bar and when i clicked it, it automatically downloaded from the store

• TimmyLee

They wanted me to ship it to Texas… I live in OKC. Wished I'd have bought the Dell, they come to yur house.