sellers say different CL values.

Help me pick the correct one.

[Edited the thread to add model number to the title and to add issue detail]

Best Answer

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 12,683 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

I recommend you buy the same SODIMM you have installed: DDR4 PC4-3200AA-SE1-11 CL=22 Unbuffered NON-ECC DDR4-3200 1.2V, part number: Hynix HMA81GS6DJR8N-XN available for $29 at Amazon https://www.amazon.com/HMA81GS6DJR8N-XN-PC4-3200AA-SE1-11-Extreme-Alienware-PC4-3200AA/dp/B08KHCT3YG?th=1 This will run at Dual Channel mode, limited to 2933MHz due to CPU restrictions so even if you buy 3200MHz SODIMMs that will run at 2933MHz maximum in Dual Channel mode.

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,872 Trailblazer

The below tables are from the Acer Nitro AN515-55 laptops SG outlining all the memory specs and recommended modules for this laptop, you can also do a Crucial System Scan and/or see an already done scan of the Crucial Acer Nitro AN515-55 RAM & SSD Upgrades as this is a more modern scan of what upgrades this laptop can have, btw Crucial guarantee that their scans recommendations are 100% correct. Good luck and hope this helps you out

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• umay
    umay Member Posts: 23 Troubleshooter

Hi, thank you for your reply. I can't buy that because I am from Turkey. I bought this one. I hope I got the correct one.

• @umay

I would like to provide some additional info which will really help you. 

Kindly go through the details given below.  The info provided below will be very helpful to get the current memory and ssd details of your computer and the options to upgrade it.  

Please visit the website given below.  There is an option to  "start your scan "  and " select your computer " .  Please chose the options and try it.  It will show you the memory and SSD’s details and the best upgrade options for you.. 

https://www.crucial.com/

It will tell you what you currently have and what you can add for memory and SSD's. 

Note: If you decide to buy you can always compare the prices by visiting other websites or stores and then you can decide.  We are providing the info of scan app just to show you the upgrade options.  You can even download similar scan apps from other memory upgrade websites too. 

To check the compatibility of ram which you can use on your computer.. Get CPUz and check it with that in SPD section of all the RAM and specs that you have, its a quick and simple way to check all OEM specs and what you have in your system. 

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 12,683 Trailblazer
    edited February 29

You can but better get a set (kit) of two identical modules and discard the one you have installed now (keep as backup), if you install only one it may not run at 2933MHz but 2133 MHz or lower.