Setting up W10 or W11 on a new NvMe drive, windows SU does not see it in Acer TC-1760-AD

MikeRuth
MikeRuth Member Posts: 3 New User
edited February 14 in Legacy Desktops

Good day everyone, first let me say I've been at this for 26 years as a PC tech but I'm getting close to retiring and not keeping up with all the new hardware. But I understand it pretty dang good.

A client bought a Refurb TC-1760-AD, not the AD2. I'll put the label in below. Was going to simply plop in a new M.2 and install W10, but after trying several different configurations W10 setup does not see a drive to install to.

First I started out with cleaning the m.2, nadda, then format to MBR nadda, THEN AS gpt, nadda. I searched the BIOS high and low, nothing I could find even the CSM wich is not listed in this BIOS. Tried different Protocol, IDE, AHCI, RAID, nadda. Tried legacy no TPM etc, nadda.

So thinking I'm missing something I put the original m.2 in that is running Win11, boots and runs fine, so I tried booting off the W11 setup drive and once again Windows did not see a drive to install on.

So for the moment I went ahead and set this guy up on W11 that was installed and got the job completed. But I still intend to figure this out.

I'm pretty much at a road block here.

If you have any ideas I am wide open to them.

Thanks

[Edited the content to hide sensitive information]

Best Answer

Answers