Nitro 5 AN515-54-54W2 Crisis Bios update problems. Laptop crashes with varied BSODs.

124»

Answers

• ColinPAndrews
    ColinPAndrews Member Posts: 32 Troubleshooter

Yeah, I went through the whole process again with tape and then with the cover off and pressing down on the button.. the orange light did go solid for a few minutes but then started flashing again.. I tested the new battery with my multi-meter and it read 13.15v then i tested the old battery and it was 12.12v, the cmos battery tested at 3.02v I also tested the charging port and that was at 19.92v so everything seems in order although the old power supply was broken with no output at all. And it does boot into bios without any problems, so I'm not sure of anything further than that and its getting beyond my expertise. I'm just wondering.. if when I try to start the OS installation from usb thumb drive it taps out to BSOD at almost exactly the same time point every time, so i think the laptop might be checking for power supply to the battery and coming up blank that's why it ditches or something along those lines.. but as for why I have no idea.

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,792 Trailblazer

, the cmos battery tested at 3.02v

Too low. Should be ≥3.1 otherwise becomes unstable.

Jack E/NJ

• ColinPAndrews
    ColinPAndrews Member Posts: 32 Troubleshooter

Dang it, well I shall see what comes back from PC repair although it would be wishful thinking that's all it would be, but will kick myself if that's all it was…

• I've seen a problem similar to this, where when the user tries to install Windows, some blue screen errors appear. The problem was with the processor. I would check all peripherals first. Try disconnecting RAM, HD, SSD, WLAN, etc. Then, test each peripheral individually.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,532 Trailblazer
    edited February 18

The soft reset of the battery on the Nitro AN515-54 laptop you need to press the Power Key for 10 seconds, but its best to do a hard reset by removing the eleven (11) screws securing the lower case then taking the laptop main battery out, then disconnect the RTC/BIOS battery and short its +&- mainboard plug pins to reset CMOS and take the ram out, leave the laptop like that for 1 hour or preferably overnight and then reconnect and see if this resets your laptop. As the hard reset is a good way of resetting a frozen EC chip or a chipset chip or a bios chip but also these chips could be faulty which is another problem that and if the Chipset is faulty then you need to replace the mainboard as the EC and bios chips can be replaced.

Also, did you test if the battery is charging with the adapter plugged in and then measure at the battery plugs +$- pins if its showing that the 13.15V is increasing and the battery amperage is also rising up to the max value of 2.5A, which means that the laptop is charging, and the laptop's charring rail is working. Also note that this laptop has either a 130W or a 180W 19.5V 2.5A - 1.7x5.5x11 type barrel adapter. So do that and lets us know, good luck and hope this helps you out.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍