My Acer Predator Helios 300 PH315-54 Freezing, BSOD, No Bootable Found

PebisnisOnline
PebisnisOnline Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Hello

Acer Predator Helios 300 PH315-54
32gb ram
RTX 3060
I am using this for 2 years already. Did a cleaning few months ago (samsung service center).

I am not sure what is causing the problem. I did the latest update of Windows 11 a few days ago. My main SSD NVME (system) temperature can reach 67°C when idle. Is that temperature fine?

I downloaded Samsung magician, although I am using Samsung SSD NVME (detected as Samsung MZVL2512), is that an OEM? Since I cannot do anything with that software.

I have other nvme ssd installed (brand: XPG); the temperature is about 30°C (idle) and 2TB HDD seagate 40°C (idle)

Current condition: When "no bootable found" screen appears, I can do force turn-off and restart it manually and it's working. But I am afraid it will happen again. It happened 3 times yesterday when I left the laptop or when I am using the browser. I don't play games.

Now I just want to test what is causing the freezing, BSOD, and no bootable found. Can someone recommend me how to check it? I am not that tech savvy but I can follow instructions clearly.

Or is any windows update caused this?

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 11,939 Trailblazer
    edited December 2023

Refresh your system image by going on the internet and opening the Command Prompt as administrator and copy&paste this line: Dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth and press Enter. Then paste this in the Command window: SFC /scannow and press Enter. This must complete with "…..did not find any integrity violations" repeat the command till you see this.

• PebisnisOnline

Tinkerer

Is this the only way to fix this? I searched for DISM and found that I needed to make a backup first. I don't have a backup drive at the moment. Recently my predator helios freezing which made me do a force restart.

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 11,939 Trailblazer

No need to make a backup, people run this command weekly if not daily, it is a routine command, make sure you're are online (internet) and that you open the Command Prompt as Administrator: Dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

• PebisnisOnline

Tinkerer

I also did Memory Diagnostic: Result: Detected no Errors.

I got multiple BSOD:
    - SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
    - UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION
    - CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

• PebisnisOnline

Tinkerer

ACER PREDATOR HELIOS PH315-54
    11th Gen Intel® Core™ i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU
    32GB RAM
    SSD0 NVMe SAMSUNG MZVL2512HCJQ-00B07 (512 GB) Health 96% (According to Hard Disk Sentinel)
    SSD1 NVMe XPG GAMMIX S70 BLADE (1TB) Health 43% (According to Hard Disk Sentinel but others says healthy)
    HDD Seagate 2TB Health 100%
    Windows 11: Latest updated
    Drivers: all up to date.

Problem: BSOD then No bootable device

BSOD:

• CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED
    • SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
    • UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION

SFC /scannow: Didin't find any integrity violations
    DISm restore operation completed successfully 100%
    Memory diagnostic: Detected no errors
    CHKDSK /r no problems
    Virus check: clean
    Malwarebytes scan: done

I don't do any gaming and heavy tasks.

Current condition:
    I Can login to windows, but for no reason at all it's freezing and BSOD then no bootable error.
    It also happened when I leave my laptop idle.
    Did clean boot, let the windows boot and no app running, still got BSOD

Temporary fix: Force restart then it will boot again.