I need some of the newest infos about my predator orion 3000-PO3-650 Model DG.E3FEG.007

Elmorongas
Elmorongas Member Posts: 10 New User

Hello, Peter here from Hamburg/ Germany.

Sorry, I don't speak/ write ther best english but I will try my best.

I've bought last week the pc above in my question.

I've red may be all posting about this model.

My plan is two ddr 5 with 8gb more…one SAMSUNG NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD 980 PRO Heatsink 1TB more on the free NVMe place on the mainboard.

First question is, can i get the full speed from the samsung on the second m.2 place or must i use the first and nearest m.2 port…???

The second question is about some new infos about what was written about the bois version in this case.

My version is from 05.01.2023 named R01-A1.

This version has no xmt field to aktivate xmt for higher ram speed.

On the Acer Support site is a newer bios version from 12.05.2023 but i has the same name, so may be there is nothing new and no need to update my bios.

So may be someone can give me the latest updates for my plans and bios setting.

The bios settings are really poor against the asus uefi bios setting i have on another pc.

thanks for all answers and have a good day…peter…!!!

Best Answer

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 11,876 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

The yellow highlighted 8GB modules below is the RAM that we recommend adding to the OEM Acer fitted RAM 2x8GB DDR5-4800MHz types for your PO3-650 desktop:

There is no support for modules with XMP profile in Acer BIOS, avoid UDIM modules with XMP profile like the black Crucial, Corsair Vengeance and Kingston Fury modules. No need to update your BIOS, ignore the newer date on the Acer Support site. The SAMSUNG NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD 980 PRO Heatsink 1TB will work OK:
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/System/Acer-Predator-PO3-650/304530

• Elmorongas

okay…many thanks for the very fast answer…so one more question,

if the samsung 980 pro 1tb works for the board, the samsung 990 pro 1tb works too….???

and what is with the speed of the plates…is the nearer port to the chip faster or both fast like the equal…??

in port one is the original micro 512 m.2 plate. this one is not as fast as the samsung and i want the fastest for my windows boot.

thank for your answer…peter…!!!

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 11,876 Trailblazer
    edited January 25

Any NVMe Gen4 x4 SSD will work, the Samsung 990 cost the same as the 980 and is newer and slightly faster:
    read and write speed of Samsung 980 SSD: 7,000MB/s and over 5,000MB/s, respectively.
    read and write speed of Samsung 990 SSD: 7,450MB/s and over 6,900MB/s.

Both M.2 slots have identical PCIe 4x4 speeds one slot also supports Sata SSDs, Both slots support PCIe Gen4x4 SSDs up to 2TB.

• Elmorongas

okay..many thanks to you and a have a nice day…peter…!!!!

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,453 Trailblazer

Yes, both M.2 SSD slots are PCIe 4.0 on the PO3-650.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Elmorongas

I have one more request for all user of the same Acer computer witch I use,

predator orion 3000-PO3-650 Model DG.E3FEG.007

may be someone, who was making system changes of parts like nvme m.e pci 4 , ddr5 or what else you was changing, you can write me here some parts witch are compatible with the system of this computer.

only thing witch are working good.

may be this will help also some other user to change pieces without buying parts witch not are working with this computer.

I hope everybody can understand what I mean, my english is only very simple :)

I also will write here later what i was changing and works.

Its only an idea, but may we can help other too.

thanks for all and greetings from hamburg….peter…!!!

• Elmorongas

I have one more request for all user of the same Acer computer witch I use,

predator orion 3000-PO3-650 Model DG.E3FEG.007

may be someone, who was making system changes of parts like nvme m.e pci 4 , ddr5 or what else you was changing, you can write me here some parts witch are compatible with the system of this computer.

only thing witch are working good.

may be this will help also some other user to change pieces without buying parts witch not are working with this computer.

I hope everybody can understand what I mean, my english is only very simple :)

I also will write here later what i was changing and works.

Its only an idea, but may we can help other too.

thanks for all and greetings from hamburg….peter…!!!