In Acer Predator XB273U NX display, Unable to connect it to the RGB light sense App.

B3N3F1T
B3N3F1T Member Posts: 3 New User
edited January 13 in Predator Monitors

Hello! I just got my display and I'm trying to connect it to the RGB light sense App, but it wont recognize the monitor. Driver installed, connected with DP, up to date win 11.

And the Acer display widget wont let me choose modes (but the monitor is recognized in the app).

What is wrong?

[Edited the thread to add model number to the title and to add issue detail]

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,815 Trailblazer

Do you have all the USB cables connected? You need both the cable that runs to the computer and the cables from the light strips connected to USB ports on the display.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • B3N3F1T

Hi! All 3 cables connected: power, DP and USB from the box. Or do you mean any other cable? There are only these cables and HDMI (also tried with it on the other PC notebook).

Today I also tried to reinstall Visual C++ and install framework from the archive with RGB Light Sense (it says I already have net framework installed).

Nothing helped. Same "No supported device"

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,815 Trailblazer

There should be a USB-B connector on the back of the monitor and a USB-B to USB-A cable that then connects the monitor and computer together, separate from any USB-C, HDMI or DP cable.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • B3N3F1T

Yes! and I have it connected! my mouse and keyboard work from monitor USBs. I even tried installing win 10 but it still doesnt recognise the monitor in RGB Light Sense