Acer Aspire 3 A315-59-737U Plugging Logitech webcam results in "No Audio Device"

alfon
alfon Member Posts: 2 New User
edited January 17 in Aspire Laptops

Windows 11 on a new laptop. Acer Aspire 3 A315-59-737U

Each time I plug in my external Logitech c920 camera, or my Yeti mic, I get "Audio Device Not Found" .

This happens although sounds works fine before I try to plug the camera in. Thoughts? It's frustrating…

MS support reinstalled all drivers, and we switched USBs as well.

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 12,487 Trailblazer

Ignore that pop-up or turn off audio notifications in Windows, the device probably has a build-in mike.

• alfon
    alfon Member Posts: 2 New User

Thank you. But now I get a "We can't find an audio playback device" even if the mic or camera are NOT plugged. What can be done now?

• Puraw

In Device Manager expand Sound Video and Game Controllers, right click on Realtek driver and select Update device software. Select "Browse my computer for driver software” and move to next. Choose “let me pickup from a list of device drivers on my computer” In the next screen enable check box "show compatible hardware". Choose from the list “High Definition Audio Device” and click finish.
    Restart the computer and notice sound is active.

• Manki
    Manki Member Posts: 3 New User

Does this fix allow the use of Logitech c9xx webcams afterward? My c922 worked fine on my Acer Nitro 5 laptop (and still works great on every other computer we own) until about a year into ownership, then it started doing what is described by the OP. Yesterday when I tried again, the Win11 Camera app lost it's mind, and wasn't able to show any of the other cameras (built in, or even Snap), and the settings icons on the left column were fluttering. Same c922 worked fine with an Acer Aspire laptop running Win10.

• Puraw
    edited March 5

Hi, better start a new thread as this is about RTK audio not USB camera devices. but you can give it a try, you can easily go back to the RTK driver version you had before in Device manager. If the Logitech webcam worked before it probably was a Windows Update that caused that issue, you can try to restore your system to an earlier point (type "Restore" in Search and click on "Create a Restore Point" and "System restore" with a date) but you will lose your updates and recent changes. Running DISM Online followed with SFC may fix it if you have a system file issue: Go online and paste this in the Command Prompt opened as administrator: Dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth and press Enter. After successful completion paste this: SFC /scannow and press Enter. That should end with "….did not find any integrity violation" Repeat SFC till you see that.