Laptop keeps getting blue screen due to overheating. - Triton 500

Jo_Ha_Ger
Jo_Ha_Ger Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

Hello, I have a problem with my gaming laptop. I can hardly do more than watch videos, otherwise the CPU gets over 95 degrees and after a short time the laptop shows a blue screen with "Critical_Process_Died". Do you have any ideas on how to fix this?

1. Please tell us your current hardware:
    Acer Predator Triton 500
  2. Describe your problem. The more precisely and better you describe your problem, the better you can be helped (additional pictures could be helpful, for example):
    So even though I bought a laptop cooler that is permanently on, my laptop (especially the CPU) gets very hot. Even now. I'm just on the internet writing this post and the temperature of the CPU is 91 degrees. The GPU is actually always in a good range. So you can imagine what happens when I start a game. After a short while a blue screen appears and it says “Critical_Process_Died” at the bottom left. I think the reason will be that the CPU just gets too hot.
  3. What steps have you already taken/tried to solve the problem and what did it achieve?
    As I said, I bought a laptop cooler, and since then I can at least use it for videos, Word, etc. again. I also sent it to Acer Support three times. They always said they couldn't find it. However, they renewed the thermal paste every time. This helped for a few months and then it started all over again. I've reinstalled Windows several times and always updated all the drivers, but somehow nothing helps.

My guarantee is now over and I don't know what else to do. I hope someone of you can help me. :/

Answers