Acer X27U Firmware Update Issue,when launched the firmware it saying the USB device is not supported

opforcej
opforcej Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited January 7 in Predator Monitors

Hi all!

I recently purchased the X27U monitor and saw a video prior to purchase about a firmware update. I downloaded the update and am trying to use the Acer Monitor USB Upgrade Tool to update the firmware for the monitor. When I launch the program and try and continue, the program will say "launching" and go for a few seconds, then come back with an error message saying the USB device is not supported. I have the provided USB B cable hooked up to the monitor and computer and selected "System/USB Port Select" on my monitor settings. I also tried with the provided USB C cable and selected that too in the monitor settings and still no luck.

Thanks!

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,860 Trailblazer

I believe the USB flash drive needs to be formatted FAT32, not exFAT or NTFS.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • opforcej

Tinkerer

So is this something I need to hook up a USB drive to? I thought you could just hook up the USB cables to your PC from the monitor.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,860 Trailblazer

Which USB cable are you using the connect to the monitor? What USB ports are there on the back of the monitor? There are a lot of different models, and the procedure for doing a firmware update is different for different ones. Did you follow the instructions exactly? It talks about which cables need to be connected.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 4,231 Pathfinder

@opforcej

Connect the USB-B between the monitor and the PC. Make sure that the monitor driver is also installed from the support website.

Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • opforcej

Tinkerer

Sorry for the delayed response but I'm using the provided cables that came with the monitor itself. There's a USB B cable hooked up to the monitor that goes to USB A that is going into my computer. Acer has an firmware update tool that you have to download from the Acer website. I also follow the instructions where you have to go into the monitor settings and change the USB type that's hooked uo into the monitor (USB B or USB C are the two options). But it is coming up with that error message.

• opforcej

Tinkerer

edited January 18

Yeah I've done both of those and even tried the provided USB C cable and still no luck. My only other guess would be that the monitor is shipping now with that firmware update and that's why it is not working but I'm not sure.

• opforcej

Tinkerer

So I think I figured it out. The monitor shipped with the latest firmware update according to what I was asking on another forum which explain why it wouldn't work so I should be okay. Thanks all for the help!