Updated Version of Intel UHD Graphics Predator Triton 500 SE 2021 PT516-51s

Options
MarkYou
MarkYou Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited December 2022 in Predator Laptops

Hi everyone,

I want to update the driver of the integrated graphics, which is Intel UHD Graphics for my Predator Triton 500 SE 2021. The CPU is i7-11800H.

Because the default version of the driver is too old and it has problem on Desktop Window Manager (dwm.exe) when I'm using Wallpaper Engine (Steam wallpaper software). dwm.exe will have high occupation when Wallpaper Engnine is running.

The good news is, this problem has been solved by Intel UHD Graphics driver updates.

However, the official version of the drivers has compatible problems with the 165Hz screen. Once I tried to update, the screen of the laptop will go dark.

Is there any updated version of the driver to download?

Thanks,

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,952 Trailblazer
    edited December 2022
    Options

Use the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant scan as this official Intel driver update software will update all Intel components drivers including to the latest Intel graphics driver for your integrated graphics of the i7-11800H CPU for your laptop for either Win-10 or the latest Win-11 version 22H2 OS build 22621.900 which you should be operating on this laptop. Your graphics problems above should be fixed with the new Intel graphics drivers as this new driver is also for the Arc and Iris Xe integrated gpu's with allot more settings with the Arc Control Panel, btw I've always used the Intel scan driver update and I've never had any problems running a 165Hz monitor

Also, update the NVidia drivers to their latest version for your RTX or GTX card and when you install the latest driver, use this software's "Clean Install" feature so that this software deletes all previous NVidia graphics drivers off your laptop and also make sure that you have the latest Windows Update as all this will make your laptop perform to its best and peak performance.

• XdxD
    XdxD Member Posts: 1,583 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    edited December 2022
    Options

I have 2021 model of Predator Helios 300 and the latest installed Intel Graphics driver from Intel Driver and Support Assistant works fine for me on 165Hz. I installed the graphics driver on top of Acer's driver. What is your exact Predator Model number? Like mine is PH315-54-72ZJ.

Trying to do my best here - Your happy Predator owner =)!
  • MarkYou

Tinkerer

Options
  • MarkYou

Tinkerer

Options

Is the driver you mentioned Intel® Graphics Driver 31.0.101.3802 for Intel® Arc™ A-Series Graphics?

• MarkYou

Tinkerer

Options

Is the driver you mentioned Intel Graphics Driver 31.0.101.3802 for Intel Arc A-Series Graphics?

• MarkYou

Tinkerer

Options

I was told by an admin to add model in the thread title. Could anybody tell me how to do it?

• XdxD
    Options

Go to Acer Support site and search for driver updates using your SNID found inside Acer Care Centre.

• XdxD
    Options
  • MarkYou

Tinkerer

edited December 2022
    Options

I updated the driver, but when I set the refresh rate to 165Hz, the screen shuts down. When I change the refresh rate to 60 Hz, it goes well. I still think it is a driver issue.

• XdxD
    Options

That's very strange. Doesn't your laptop model have a newer driver by Acer in support page?

• MarkYou

Tinkerer

Options

No, they never updated any driver.

Should I update my BIOS?

• XdxD
    Options

Yes. Such issues get sometimes resolved through BIOS updates.

• SmartOpex
    SmartOpex Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Do you know if there is any solution to the mentioned issue?
    I have the same problem, the updating Intel drivers leads to a black screen (on 165Hz).
    The Bios version is the latest: V1.07.
    Windows 11 Pro 64 Bit.

• XdxD
    Options

What happens when you clean install the Intel Graphics driver?

• ahm79416
    ahm79416 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

I have the same problem. I have to use the old version of the driver.

• Tanis71
    Tanis71 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Has anyone found a fix for this yet? Why does acer not update the correct link here is what INTEL says before i try and update. so if you do not want the black screen ACER has to do the update because as intel says it is a customized program and THAT is why you get the black screen.

• SmartOpex
    SmartOpex Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

The result is the same, regardless of a clean installation or saving the current settings, the problem remains.

• Azler
    Azler Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited February 23
    Options

Same issue here, tried to update the driver to play EVE Online because the Optimum system makes the game to go through the integrated GPU first to do some startup config and as it is an old driver, it crashes. The game works well if I update the driver to the latest one available but as the other users I lose my laptop screen. Waiting for an update on the driver from Acer's side.

• XdxD
    Options

Doesn't seem like Acer's going to update any drivers for old models. Hopefully an Intel update fixes it for you guys.

• mingliu
    mingliu Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

my laptop can only use the driver 27.20.100.9415, if i updated my graphic driver, it's gonna be black screen even my keyboard still lightning. I've tried to update to newest driver but some time it's can be run in 60hz but in almost time it's not run. How can i updated cuz i want to play my Valorant at high fps than now (only 80fps with low setting). when i updated, i can play valorant around 160fps with low setting but almost time it's black screen so that i cant use my laptop for daily life. Pls help me acer. Thanks!