Acer Spin3 SP313-51N Warranty Expires During Shipping to Acer still hasn't arrived at their facility

OwenBland
OwenBland Member Posts: 18 Troubleshooter
edited January 1 in Swift and Spin Series

I opened a repair case for my laptop on December 25, 2023. I shipped my Acer Spin 3 SP313-51N laptop on December 28, 3 days prior to the end of warranty date, December 31. Today is officially the end date of my warranty, and it still hasn't arrived at their facility. Will they repair my laptop. Serial number: NXA9VAA0XXXXXXXX

[Edited the post to hide sensitive data]

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,660 Trailblazer
    edited January 1 Answer ✓

Acer typically continues warranty service based on the day the ticket was opened, not on the day it arrives in the service center, so you should be good to go. This forum is only inhabited by us other Acer users, it's not connected to Acer support, so none of the support people will see your post. If you have questions for support it's best to contact them directly.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 12,198 Trailblazer

Shipping on Christmas day and then complaining on New Years Day that a large shipment has not yet arrived isn't fair. You could have planned that shipment earlier. IMO Acer will process your laptop as in the warranty period, even if it arrives a few days too late.

• OwenBland

I'm not complaining, when was I complaining? It's not my fault that my laptop decided to break on Christmas day alright.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,660 Trailblazer
    edited January 1 Answer ✓

Acer typically continues warranty service based on the day the ticket was opened, not on the day it arrives in the service center, so you should be good to go. This forum is only inhabited by us other Acer users, it's not connected to Acer support, so none of the support people will see your post. If you have questions for support it's best to contact them directly.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • OwenBland
    edited January 1

I would, but unfortunately, since I am now out of warranty, the website has disabled all support options and now gives me options that require a fee.

Our records indicate the serial number you have entered is no longer eligible for warranty support. If you feel this information is incorrect, please scan and submit a copy of your Proof of Purchase. Please allow 2 business days for us to review your information and update our records, then try again. Alternatively, you can use one of these alternative support options: