Spare parts for Veriton RN96, need a replacement power supply

Robie761
Robie761 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited December 2023 in Aspire and Veriton Desktops

Hello,

Is it possible to order spareparts in a easy way from Acer online? My desktop are registered at acer.com website.

I had an accident with a family member connecting a powerbank to the Veriton usb-c slot instead of charging the powerbank through the electricity outlet. The fuse in the apartment went out and it started to smell burnt at the computer. When the fuse was replaced the computer wont start.

I was hoping that it would be enough to replace the powersupply. And i was thinking of doing the replacement myself if its possible.

If anyone could give me a helping hand i would be most grateful.

Thanks in advance /R

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• a_happy_laptop_user
    a_happy_laptop_user Member Posts: 61 Devotee WiFi Icon

I did some search found the desktop just uses a 65W external AC Adapter. Is it correct?

I am not sure if it is an issue with this AC Adapter. Based on your description the smell came from the computer.

• Robie761
    Robie761 Member Posts: 2 New User

Hello,

Yes according to Acer product information for my product registration it is 65w power supply (Maximum Power Supply Wattage). Im using an external cord with AC adapter between the computer and the outlet.

We dont know if the smell came from the computer or the AC adapter really since it was hard to locate the source. We just noticed a burnt smell "from the computer area".

So a cheap first test might be to buy a new 65w cord/AC adapter and try start the computer? If it still wont start it might be an issue with burnt curcuits on the motherboard, processor or hd i guess?

Im not too familiar with these mini pc´s but if you have an external cord/AC adapter i guess you dont have any power supply inside the computer chassi that you do have in a fullsize desktop/tower?

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,421 Trailblazer

The power supply is a typical 65W 19V with a 5.5mm barrel plug. They should be easy to find and relatively cheap. Hopefully that's all that got zapped, but you might be looking at a lot more. Think of these thin desktops as a laptop design without the battery. They are a lot closer to that than the a full desktop.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • a_happy_laptop_user
    a_happy_laptop_user Member Posts: 61 Devotee WiFi Icon

Before you buy a new AC Adapter for troubleshooting, my suggestion is to open the case of this Mini PC, have a look of the circuits on the motherboard. If no burnt point found, then buy the AC Adapter as the details @billsey provided