No video output after upgrading to gt 1030 (on acer xc-895) i5

stin8475
stin8475 Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

edited December 2023 in Aspire and Veriton Desktops

I just installed the new gpu, but it doesnt give any output. If i remove it and plug the hdmi into the motherboard i do get an input. I cant install the drivers since the gpu needs to be plugged in. I removed the HDD to save wattage. The card only uses 30 W max so if its an power isseu it should only appear when putting an load on the card. The card uses gddr5 memory and is fairly new.

Best Answer

• stin8475

Tinkerer

Answer ✓

omg i just found out i wasnt pluging the hdmi cable far eneugf in, works fine

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,445 Trailblazer
    edited December 2023

The XC-895 desktop with its 300W oem, as this desktop also comes with a 180W PSU and if you have that, then the NVidia GT 1030 gpu will not work. Acer has an optional gpu of an NVidia GeForce GT 730-2GB-DDR3-64B-900MHz Acer p[art #: DA.73011.004 that is compatible with this desktop and its 300W PSU, so be aware of that. The GTX GT 1030 should not be a problem, as its a single rail gpu that draws 30W max of power and should work with the XC-895 desktop, the GT 1030 is also recommended to be run with a min 300W PSU which probably your old XC-895 300W PSU is faulty and not outputting its full power, hence and why your GT 1030 is not working, so check that also.

For the GT 1030 to work you need the XC-895 desktop to have a 300W PSU and a fully functional PCIE16Х port-PCI Express x16 slot, check if its pins are not corroded and clean those pins out with alcohol, as the GT 1030 gpu should work with your desktop, if not then try the GT 730 that Acer fitted to this desktop. Good luck and hope this helps you out.

XC-895 mainboard

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,445 Trailblazer

That is why the NVidia GT1030 gpu is not working, a 180W PSU is NOT enough power for this gpu, get a 300W PSU like the highlighted PSUs below, look them up on eBay, as there are some PSUs for cheap prices for the XC895 desktop, as this 300W PSU will fit right into the case and then you can use the GT1030 gpu and it will power on. Good luck

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• stin8475

Tinkerer

Answer ✓

omg i just found out i wasnt pluging the hdmi cable far eneugf in, works fine