Slow WiFi Network Connection Acer Veriton X4690G how to fix this?

Options
JimBoSS
JimBoSS Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

edited December 2023 in Aspire and Veriton Desktops

my new Acer Veriton X4690G takes 3-5 minutes, sometimes longer, to connect to an available WiFi network. Can anyone tell me how to fix this? Thank you

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• Alejandro_AC
    Options

Hi @JimBoSS is it with Windows 10 or Windows 11?
    First of all, go to Windows Update and check if you have any pending updates.
    Do you use the 2.4 Ghz or 5 Ghz network?

Thank you.
    All the best.

Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as a solution if it was resolved, thanks!

I use Google Translate for English, German, Portuguese and French.

Pro bono collaborator, I don't work or speak in the name of Acer

Por favor, haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si fué resuelta, gracias!

Colaborador Pro bono, no trabajo o hablo en nombre de Acer

MSFT MVP (2003-21) & Windows Insider

X (alezmvp)

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

Hello! Can you provide the model of the wireless network card?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JimBoSS

Tinkerer

Options

I think this is it:

Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6E AX211 160MHz

• Alejandro_AC
    Options

Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as a solution if it was resolved, thanks!

Por favor, haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si fué resuelta, gracias!

X (alezmvp)

• Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,480 Supercomputer Wrangler WiFi Icon
    Options

Distance and blockage is always a factor.

Run Speedtest, Speedsmart or Speedeasy and post results

If you have a cell phone, then run test in different parts of your location.

• JimBoSS

Tinkerer

Options

There is nothing wrong with my speeds once it connects. 280-350 mbps download and 51 mbps upload. I am just frustrated with how long it takes to connect after a sleep or shutdown.

• Alejandro_AC
    Options

Have you reinstalled the driver as I mentioned before?

Thank you.
    All the best.

X (alezmvp)

• JimBoSS

Tinkerer

Options

The driver that is installed is newer than the one on the website you directed me to. Date 2023/03/29 version 22.220.0.4 is installed. The one on the website is 2022/05/25 version 22.110.0.2.

• Alejandro_AC
    Options

I know, but the current one doesn't work correctly, try it.

Thank you.
    All the best.

X (alezmvp)

• JimBoSS

Tinkerer

Options

I reverted to the older driver yesterday. When I woke up my PC today it took about 3 mins to connect to the network.

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

Does the problem persist after reinstalling Windows? Try disabling Fast Startup in Power Options.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JimBoSS

Tinkerer

Options

Fast start is not enabled. PC is only 1 month old and I already had to reinstall Win 11 and would prefer not to have to do that yet.

• Larryodie
    Options

Reset your modem & server. Hold the reset or unplug for a minute or more.

And hold the shift key while restarting to go into safe mode and diagnosis.

You may try to remove the battery and unplugged your computer. Hold the power button for 30 seconds or just leave unplugged over night

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

Can you tell me the model of the wireless network card?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 32,781 Trailblazer
    Options

There is a possibility that one of the antennas isn't connected well to the card, but it could also be a hardware issue. Look at the card to verify the cables are well seated:

They have been disconnected in that picture. If they are both well connected contact Acer support. It shouldn't take that long to make a connection.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Larryodie
    Options

If you're getting speeds like this then your wi-fi hardware is OK,"There is nothing wrong with my speeds once it connects. 280-350 mbps download and 51 mbps upload

HAVE YOU DISABLED ALL ENTRIES IN THE STARTUP TAB OF TASK MANAGER,

You're loading junk virus checkers etc.

• Larryodie
    Options

If that doesn't fix it then go into safe mode and do a reset.

• JimBoSS

Tinkerer

Options
  • JimBoSS

Tinkerer

Options