My Acer Aspire C27-1851 which I just bought 2 weeks ago has been crashing, lagging.

jastequin
jastequin Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2023 in Aspire and Veriton Desktops

I only really use Google Chrome. Not too much. Even a simple laptop can do the job but this very expensive computer cannot. I already brought it to the service center. They just reset and told me there was no problem. Today, after 4 hours of work. It crashed again.

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Best Answer

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 11,817 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

No, hiding non-Windows services in MSconfig.exe on its own does nothing to the system, only if you disable all services and click on Apply then reboot will stop Office (and many other programs) from running. By the way, the Office version pre-installed is a 1-year trial version that you should uninstall, get a lifetime Office deal online, there are legacy versions on sale for <$100, but don't get tricked into pirated Production keys, always buy from a legitimate store.

Answers

• Hello! Can you provide the exact model? Example C24-865. Slowness can occur for several reasons. Try following these tips:
    a) type msconfig, go to services, click hide microsoft services and disable them all.
    b) uninstall the antivirus.
    c) set the power plan to high performance.
    d) check the ram memory consumption by the task manager

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • jastequin

Thank you! It says C27-1851 series. I will try that later and get back to you. Appreciate the quick response!

• jastequin

By the way, if I hide microsoft services and disable them all, does that mean I won't be able to use Microsoft office? Are you referring to this RAM consumption?

• Puraw
    edited November 2023

Disconnect all USB and external devices including extension cords, plug adapters and AVR, there may be a bad device/cable causing problems. In Windows uninstall all bloatware, 3rd-party programs you don't really need, trial versions like Adobe, Office and AV, and browsers. MS Edge in Windows11 23H2 is integrated in the OS and should be set as your default browser. Open Device Manager and uninstall drivers with yellow exclamation marks or greyed out "Unknown Devices". Check if all Windows security features are enabled and have green check marks, don't disable options in Windows Defender, check (Windows key+R and type Winver) the build of your Windows11 23H2 version that should be 22631.2715, if not Check for updates. Refresh your system, make sure your internet is working and open the Command Prompt, paste this:
    Dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth and press Enter, after successfully completed type this in the same command prompt window: SFC /scannow and press Enter, that will repair some system files, rerun SFC till you see "….found no integrity violations". You should be OK now. 😉

• Puraw
    Answer ✓

No, hiding non-Windows services in MSconfig.exe on its own does nothing to the system, only if you disable all services and click on Apply then reboot will stop Office (and many other programs) from running. By the way, the Office version pre-installed is a 1-year trial version that you should uninstall, get a lifetime Office deal online, there are legacy versions on sale for <$100, but don't get tricked into pirated Production keys, always buy from a legitimate store.

• jastequin

Thank you! I'll try this and I will get back to you if I have more questions/help needed.