Acer Nitro 5 AN517-55-72YY - what type of RAM Upgrade would be recommended? ?

Reanik
Reanik Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in Nitro Gaming

I was just wondering, if it was possible to upgrade the Acer Nitro 5 AN517-55-72YY RAM. And if so, what type of RAM would be recommended? Also, is it possible to upgrade with extra storage?

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,821 Trailblazer
    edited November 2023

The AN517-55-xxxx laptops come with different mainboards, which are the mainboards numbers A-L973P/LA-L974P_DDR4 that both only operate on DDR4 type ram or the LA-L978P_DDR5 that only operates on DDR5 type ram, there are no specs on what type of ram your AN517-55-72YY ram takes.

To find out the specific detailed ram information of your laptop, you will need to either go into Task Manager > Performance > Memory or for a more accurate and detailed specification of your memory type, either install CPUz or HWiNFO software's that will tell you the exact memory specs that your Nitro 5 AN517-55-72YY mainboards has.

Below are all the specs that Acer lists for the Nitro 5 AN517-55 in its SG:

The below list of ram is the DDR4-3200MHz for this laptop, for the DDR5-4800MHz you will have to consult Acer for the exact types of ram and manufacturers that Acer has tested this laptop with. Below are all the DRD4-3200MHz type ram and Acer part numbered that Acer tested this laptop with and Acer deems as fully compatible for the Nitro 5 AN517-55 laptops with Windows 11 OS:

• Reanik
    Reanik Member Posts: 2 New User

Thanks for this, I'd just ordered the laptop in and was planning to upgrade it when it came in just because I knew there were slots preceding me ordering it in and it would be cheaper to do it that way than actually buying a higher end laptop (would've been great if I could've asked the company I ordered from to install it before I got it delivered but unfortunately that wasn't an option). This gives me a lot of good information I'll have a good look at the internals once it arrives.

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,821 Trailblazer

Not a problem and I'm glad that I've helped you out and given you a guide, as I know all the intricacies of a new laptop especially these new laptops that are on the cusp of being changed over with totally new ram specs from DDR4 to DDR5 that could be tricky. Good luck.