Aspire XC-895 bluetooth stopped working

abels
abels Member Posts: 3 New User

Hello.
Today, the bluetooth of my Aspire XC-895 stopped working. I tried to re-install driver downloaded from Acer's site, update with Windows Update, but don't resolve the problem. I checked the device Manager, and a USB's controller show an error (I think that is the bluetooth controller).
I'm using Win 11 and I have used a bluetooth mouse (doesn't use a external receiver) and speakers as well for long until now.

Can anyone help me? Thanks

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 11,818 Trailblazer

Uninstall the USB driver with the yellow error exclamation mark in Device manager and any (greyed out) Unknown devices.

Turn on your wireless mouse:
    Set the mouse to pairing mode. Some mice come with a Pair button and others with a Connect button that you need to press and hold for a few seconds (3-5 seconds) for enabling the pairing mode.
    When the pairing mode is enabled, an LED light will start flashing on the mouse indicating that your wireless mouse is ready to connect with your desktop.
    Now use the Win+I hotkey to open the Settings app in Windows 11.
    Open Bluetooth on your computer: In Windows 11, go to Bluetooth & devices category, and turn on the Bluetooth button.
    Click on the Add device button.
    Now Windows will start discovering the available devices to connect. From the list, select your wireless mouse, and it will start connecting with your desktop.
    Once the wireless mouse is connected, press the Done button.

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,448 Trailblazer

Just in addition, try first to refresh the existing BT driver that is installed in your desktop, Go to Device Manager and to the Bluetooth section > right click on the Bluetooth Device > Properties > Driver > Update driver > Browse my computer for driver > Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer > then chose the latest dated driver that is in the list.

If there is only one generic driver then install whichever BT card that your desktop has oem, which is either an Intel or Atheros card from the Acer Divers & Manuals page for your Aspire XC895 desktop and install that driver.

These are the two different WLAN/BT cards that Acer fitted to the Aspire XC895 desktop - the yellow highlighted card is the Intel AX200 type Wi-Fi 6 / BT 5.2 card and the green highlighted card is the Qualcomm Atheros QCNFA435 that is an 802.11ac WiFi/BT 4.1 M.2 Type Card. The better card is the Intel and if you have the Lite On then change it to the Intel AX200 Wi-Fi 6/BT 5.2 card.

• abels
    abels Member Posts: 3 New User

The card on may Acer is the green highlighted and after I install the drivers from Acer page, it's work now. Thanks.

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,448 Trailblazer
    edited November 2023

Ok not a problem, glad to help you out, but if you currently have an AC modem (which runs at a max of 1200Mbps wireless speed) then the Atheros modem that you have is sufficient and a good card, but if you want to upgrade your internet speed to the latest speeds of the Wi-Fi 6 that can have an astonishing wireless speeds of 5952 Mbps: at 4804 Mbps at 5 GHz and 1148 Mbps at 2.4 GHz, then the Intel AX200 is the preferred card that also has a better version 5.1 Bluetooth, so consider that, as the XC-895 desktop can work with both standards.