I need to buy a replacement power supply. Veriton S2660G, PSU upgrade

nicovon
nicovon Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

Model Number: VS2660GPart Number: DT.VQXET.041

Hello, I need to buy a replacement power supply. I would need the technical characteristics, dimensions and types of pin connection suitable for the motherboard.

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,776 Trailblazer

Due to Acer case design & proprietary mainboard connectors, generic PSUs are NOT recommended. So you should use one of the Acer PSUs and part nos. shown below that seemed to be options for this model. Your particular machine should have originally been factory equipped with the 180watt PSU. This PSU seems to be much more available online than the two other higher power units.

DC.18018.001 180watts

DC.25018.002 250watts

DC.30018.002 300watts

Jack E/NJ

• nicovon

Tinkerer

This is the photo of the original power supply that I need to replace. I thought it was 250W.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,421 Trailblazer
    edited September 2023

Spec says 180W, which would be correct for 12V@15A.

And the part numbers:

The 300W Jack references isn't one that shipped with the model, but would likely fit.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • JackE

Yes, any of them should work. But, as suggested earlier, the 250/300 watters might be hard to find new relative to the 180w unit.

Jack E/NJ

• nicovon

Tinkerer

Unfortunately, it is happening that power supplies burn out or simply no longer work. At least one a week stops working. Is it a manufacturing defect by any chance?

• JackE

Possibly. Where did you purchase the new PSU? They should replace it.

Jack E/NJ

• nicovon

Tinkerer

in reality I was referring to the original power supplies installed by default

• JackE
    edited October 2023

At least one a week stops working. Is it a manufacturing defect by any chance?

So are you saying the original 180 watt PSU burned out in only one week?

Jack E/NJ

• nicovon

Tinkerer

no, I meant that the power supply installed by default on these PCs are dying one at a time

• JackE

What do you mean by "dying one at a time"? How many Veriton S2660G desktop computers do you own?

Jack E/NJ

• nicovon

Tinkerer

e have 24 Acer Veriton pcs. 4 of these have power problems, meaning they don't turn on anymore, most likely it is the fault of the power supply. This morning there was a smell coming from a power supply

• JackE

(1) Are the desktops still under warranty?

(2) How many hours per day are they on ?

(3) Have any internal hardware components been added or changed?

Jack E/NJ

• nicovon

Tinkerer

They are no longer under warranty. They are on from 8am until 2pm. No internal components have been changed.

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 98,186 Trailblazer
    edited October 2023

Make a jumper between the pson and the source ground. Then, with the power supply disconnected from the motherboard, plug the power supply into the socket and turn it on. Measure the pin voltages with a multimeter. Be careful when working with voltages and do not get shocked.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JackE

This morning there was a smell coming from a power supply

PSU failures are almost always due to overheating, not mfg defects. Possibly from reduced airflow through the PSU & PC case vents. Might be dust buildup or sticking fans.

The Veriton S2660g should be able to use the same PSUs as the Veriton S4660G  S6660G X4660G, E450, & D650 models. Rather than use Acer PSU part numbers, I suggest that you google search the keywords "PSU" "s2660g" "veriton" for vendors who ship to your location. Aliexpress has the 250watt units for about $35usd when I google from my location.

Jack E/NJ

• nicovon

Tinkerer

Inside the case and also the power supply there is not the slightest presence of dust

• Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,567 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon

How is the ventilation ???

Have you added upgrade to these unit causing them to draw more than the 250 Watts.

Is the fan's running ??

Looks like they're made in 01/2014 or 2019 as I'm confused on the date.

Can you take a picture of the components as I'm sure that they have some swollen condensers, domed (capacitors) ?

• Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,567 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon

Seems that yours was manufactured January 14 2019.

I would look for bulged capacitors (condensers).

Please post a picture of the inside of a bad one.

I think that your original question was as what to use as replacement ?

Billsey posted a list.

• JackE

there is not the slightest presence of dust

What about the fans? Are they spinning?

Jack E/NJ

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,421 Trailblazer

Often when you have a number of PSU failures in a fairly short time, the root cause is the line power being provided, not the supplies themselves. Once a PSU has gotten past the child failure stage there's not a lot that can go wrong, short of heat b from dust buildup.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.