Predator Helios 300, Problem with my GPU tried service and repastig. Please help

ajay_casi
ajay_casi Member Posts: 23 Networker
edited October 2023 in Predator Laptops

Hi there,

I tried to wake up my laptop (Acer Predator Helios 300 2019) from a 2 months deep sleep about one month ago, and everything worked fine up to the automatic Windows updates. Blue screen deaths and random reboots were the only small issues that appeared after the update, but two or three days later, the BSOD issues started to get crazier and I couldn't even use my laptop for five minutes. I had to repaste and service my laptop, namely the GPU, as advised by members of the Facebook acer group with whom I had addressed this issue. I therefore gave my laptop to a local shop nearby and got some thermal pads and Arctic MX-6 paste. Upon attempting to utilise my laptop following the completion of the service, further issues began to surface. I still can't find out what's wrong with my laptop; take a look at the screenshot of the device management where I indicated the GPU issue.

Right now, I'm having the following issues with my laptop:

1.Video memory management internal, drive state failure, video scheduler internal fault, video TDR error, and so on are some examples of BSODs.

1. Screen freeze: Whenever I attempt to install Windows updates or update my GPU, my laptop will freeze for hours on end and won't come back until I have to shut it down. Now, whenever I try to start my lap, these issues appear, and occasionally the laptop won't start at all and will only display a black screen until I have to turn it off.

To fix my laptop, I've done the following:

1. Using a USB flash drive on an SSD or HDD, clean install Windows 11, 10.
    Using GeForce Experience and Device Manager, install various GPU driver versions, including the most recent ones.
  2. Taking out and putting back RAM sticks, depending on whether they function or not.

3.As I previously mentioned, I replaced the thermal pads on those little chips with new ones and did more when I repasted my laptop using the Artic MX 6.
And still I can't even use my laptop for five minutes at a time. Those BSOD problems are starting to give me a migraine whenever I boot my laptop. So if you could please give me some advice to fix my laptop.

Thank you

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers