Acer predator helios 300 Ph315 -53 How to solve this error Windows code 43

Karthik0223
Karthik0223 Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
edited October 2023 in Predator Laptops

I have an Acer predator helios 300 Ph315 -53 i have been using this machine from past 3 years last month i faced an SSD Crash and i got a new ssd since then i cant use my Rtx 2060 when i try to update my drivers i am getting bsod errors i am getting are nvlddmkm.sys, tdr failure and k mode expection handled if anyone have a solution please help me

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 12,688 Trailblazer

The Replacement SSD could be causing a hardware conflict, Try this: Boot to Safe Mode and see if that runs with Windows Base Video GPU without issues. Did you uninstall both NVidia and Intel VGA drivers in Safe Mode with DDU? I don't see any VGA drivers for your model on Acer Support so I guess that GPU is no longer supported by Acer? Once uninstalled with DDU, make sure internet is working and just reboot, let Windows10 reinstall the best VGA drivers. If that does not work, I recommend bringing your laptop to Acer Services in your country to reset the system to factory defaults for a small service fee.

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 12,688 Trailblazer

See if this is Windows related or HW, if you have a spare USB keyboard to test, try that. if a HW issue (key gets stuck) try cleaning it with a thin plastic strip or bring the laptop to Acer Services to replace the keyboard. If it is the Sticky Key feature in Windows read this:
    https://www.howtogeek.com/739764/how-to-turn-off-sticky-keys-on-windows-10/

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,872 Trailblazer

All those errors that you are getting are from driver errors of the gpu, and a fault with your M.2 SSD drive that the fast startup is causing errors as all this should not be happening with your laptop. If you already bought a new PCIe Gen.3x4 M.2 SSD boot drive, I suggest that you do a Clean Install of Win-11 on this PH315-53 laptop.

First do a bootable Win-11 installation USB with Rufus 4.2 and also go to the Acer Drivers & Manuals page of the PH315-53 laptop in the Drivers section download the “IRST (Intel® Rapid Storage Technology) Driver Version 17.9.1.1009” and then put the unzipped folder into the Win-11 installation USB.

Then boot the laptop onto the Win-11 installation USB and once you get to “Where do you want to install Windows?” section go to Delete > Load driver (then load the IRST driver) > Format > and continue the Win-11 installation and download all windows updates to compete installation. Afterwards install the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant and update all Intel drivers that need to be updated and also download the Nvidia GeForce Experience and do a scan for the latest Nvidia gpu driver for the appropriate gpu driver fitted to your laptop and also and after you have done all the driver updates of Win-11

Also make sure that you run the last bios version 2.04 for this laptop and update the Firmware - Nvidia discrete VGA VBIOS and improve performance also. As and if you do this your laptop will be fully updated and will run 100% on Win-11.

• Karthik0223
    Karthik0223 Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter

Tried the same thing but still get this error by the way i have a new SSD and i did a clean installation of Windows