Acer Spin 1 SP111-32N wont boot

P0LAR_
P0LAR_ Member Posts: 3 New User

The only signs of life displayed by the laptop are a blinking power orange power light in a short then long pattern

anyone know whats happened?

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 12,651 Trailblazer

Blinking amber power light indicates depleted battery. If you have a small pinhole in the back of the laptop with a tiny battery sign, insert a pin till you feel it click, keep it pressed down for 5 seconds and try to boot. If you have not replaced the battery in the past 3-4 years you may have a bad battery. Either follow the guidelines on this forum how to disconnect the battery reset the CMOS/BIOS and do the Power Drain or just replace the battery.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,860 Trailblazer

Your version of the Spin 1 doesn't have a battery reset pinhole on the bottom, unlike the newer models. You can open it up (ten screws, two different lengths), disconnect the battery:

then press and hold the power button for 15-30 seconds. That will bleed off any residual electricity. Reconnect the battery, reassemble the case and plug only the charger back in and wait for the battery indicator to show a full battery. Then try turning it back on…

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • P0LAR_

hey there

thanks for your answers!

I have reset the battery and i still have no results, just a blinking light again. This happened in the middle of me using it and it just died.

thanks in advance

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,860 Trailblazer
    edited September 2023

It sounds like the battery has failed then. :(

Search on the KT. number first, that's Acer part number.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • P0LAR_

Hey there,

Thanks for responding to my thread, ill go ahead and order a battery when i get paid and hopefully that will fix it

Thanks again for the response,