UPDATING BIOS TO LATEST VERSION, Will there be any issue.?

Arun_prasath07
Arun_prasath07 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited October 2023 in Aspire Laptops

hey guys I am here to ask you guys can I update the BIOS of my new laptop to the latest version 1.21 .

is there any problem will come after I update the BIOS to the latest version [do I have to update the new version to get the stable version to get prevent any problem or issue.

Some says there having a screen issue LCD screen issue do I have ave to update the all my driver and "BIOS" to prevent form happening.

do i have to update the bios to my particular model to get better experience or not please help me 🥺

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Best Answers

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 ACE Posts: 4,198 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓

@Arun_prasath07

I suggest you not to update the Bios.

It is done only by a technician and that too it is done only for known issues as recommended by Acer.

As long as the computer is working fine please do not try to update the bios. Please do not try to turn off your computer while you are trying to update something on your computer.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 12,656 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

If you are running Windows11 22H2 Build 22621.2283 all you have to check periodically is the Optional Updates box in Check for Updates Advanced Options, Additional options:

If you see Firmware/Bios or driver updates available, install those, don't download or install BIOS and drivers any other way, certainly not download drivers-BIOS from 3rd-party vendors.

Answers

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 ACE Posts: 4,198 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓

@Arun_prasath07

I suggest you not to update the Bios.

It is done only by a technician and that too it is done only for known issues as recommended by Acer.

As long as the computer is working fine please do not try to update the bios. Please do not try to turn off your computer while you are trying to update something on your computer.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• Arun_prasath07
    Arun_prasath07 Member Posts: 3 New User

Thank you

Can i update the drivers and windows for the laptop i am n

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 12,656 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

If you are running Windows11 22H2 Build 22621.2283 all you have to check periodically is the Optional Updates box in Check for Updates Advanced Options, Additional options:

If you see Firmware/Bios or driver updates available, install those, don't download or install BIOS and drivers any other way, certainly not download drivers-BIOS from 3rd-party vendors.