Predator neo 16 wifi card not working

Options
Sherryyyy
Sherryyyy Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

so I recently got the neo 16 from best buy and it was working fine for two weeks but then suddenly out of nowhere the wifi button disappeared. Turns out there was in issue with the wifi card so I did a network reset and it fixed the issue. However this happened a second time but the network reset didn’t help, tried installing new drivers as well that didn’t help either. So now I have no clue how to fix it and the wifi hasn’t been working for almost a week atp.

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 10,396 Trailblazer
    edited September 2023
    Options

Buttons (any button) can disappear form the taskbar, Desktop or Start screens, nothing to do with drivers or adapters, Google the issue and you will find solutions to get a button back. For Wi-Fi that would be typing WIFI in the search bar and you will get the Networking and Internet screen, turn on the Wi-Fi switch and click on the Wi-Fi box. Show available networks and manage known networks would be next and add a new network if you don't see your router.

If none of this helps, I recommend you restore your system to an earlier date before the problems started, this will refresh the registry and system files: Type restore in the Search bar and click on Create a restore point. Click on Restore the system to an earlier point and chose a date. When you don't see any restore points or get a prompt that the function is not working it means this very important Windows feature was turned off and I advise to turn it on and leave it turned on.

• Sherryyyy

Tinkerer

Options

yea it’s most definitely either a hardware or a drivers issue because it shows the classic yellow exclamation mark infront of the wifi card in the devices manager. I think I’ll go for the recovery option, would you recommend going to the earliest recovery point or just the one where it stopped working completely because it did stop working once before that too.

• Puraw
    Options

Uninstall the driver(s) with the yellow exclamation mark(s), reboot and then do the Restore system to an earlier date, you should have a restore point before the September 14 Windows update, I would use that and check for updates after that as it will uninstall the Sept. 14 update.

• Sherryyyy

Tinkerer

Options

yea I have a restore point at sept 14, are uninstalling the drivers necessary?

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

Hello! Can you tell me the error code that appears? Try uninstalling and deleting the driver:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Sherryyyy

Tinkerer

Options

it gives error code 10. I’ve tried uninstalling drivers but that didn’t work (used to give error code 43 before reinstalling drivers)

• Puraw
    edited September 2023
    Options

Yes, you have to uninstall every driver with yellow exclamation marks and greyed out Unknown Devices, System Restore will not install drivers it will only restore the registry and system files. Check also the hidden devices in Device Manager for issues. Don't reinstall drivers, let Windows11 find compatible Wi-Fi drivers, connect a LAN Ethernet cable to your router, make sure internet is working and just reboot.

• StevenGen
    Options

Hi Sherryyyy, just a bit of additional advice as I’m using this same dreaded Killer AX1650i Wi-Fi/BT card in my Nitro AN515-56 laptop and all I’ve had is Bluetooth problems with my card but not Wi-Fi problems. I would suggest that you send your new laptop to Acxer Tech Support as you probably have a faulty card and the best fix is to replace the Killer AX1650i card.

See the ERROR CODE 10 fix here, as it explains all of what occurs when this error happens, as the device is either not properly connected, or there is an incompatible driver installed for the device causing this error code. You also could face this error on the network adapter, which your Windows sometimes cannot recognize, or the device stopped working, and as a result, you encounter this error.

• Sherryyyy

Tinkerer

Options

hey so I just installed the official killer suite from intel and it fixed the issue for a day and now it’s back to normal. It seems like an endless cycle and I feel like it might actually be a hardware issue. The problem is I got the laptop from the USA and now I won’t be back until next year.

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

Hello! You can try disconnecting the lithium battery and also the wlan from the motherboard. Then, connect the wlan again and check if it solves the problem!

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Sherryyyy

Tinkerer

Options

I might try that as a last resort. I am trying to leave the laptop untouched physically because

1. I don’t have any experience with hardware so I’ll probably mess it up.

2. It’s still in warranty

So once all other alternatives are exhausted I guess I’ll have to either do it myself or get it done by someone that understands this stuff.

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

This video may help:

The ideal is to contact technical support.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer