Windows Security Center is not working on Windows 11

Options
JaNiYa
JaNiYa Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

I'm using Windows 11 on my laptop, I have an issue with the Microsoft security center. I had to pause real-time protection for a while and suddenly it stopped. I have tried the cmd methods, and registry methods to solve this on the internet ( sfc scans and repairs, registry edits). but still, I'm getting the message "Windows security can't be started" and there is a white space when I open the Security Center. Additionally, I recognize that the Security Center is not in the Services. Is there any solution to this?

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 32,781 Trailblazer
    Options

Is Windows Defender running?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 10,395 Trailblazer
    Options

If you have another antivirus app installed and turned on, Microsoft Defender Antivirus may turn off automatically. If you uninstall the other app, Microsoft Defender Antivirus will turn back on automatically.

Check in Task Manager>Startup apps tab if "SecurityHealthSystray.exe" is listed and enabled. Check this link for other solutions.
    https://www.elevenforum.com/t/open-windows-security-in-windows-11.1050/

• JaNiYa

Tinkerer

Options

I tried option five mentioned in that link (start windowsdefender://threat) , then I got this

• Puraw
    Options

Check if Secure Boot is enabled in BIOS:
    Press the Windows key + R to open "Run Window". Type msinfo32 and press Enter. System Information opens. Select System Summary.
    On the right-side of the screen, look at BIOS Mode and Secure Boot State. If Bios Mode shows UEFI, and Secure Boot State shows On, then Secure Boot is Enabled.
    Then: Use Reset This PC to reinstall Windows 11 (type Reset in the Search bar).

• JaNiYa

Tinkerer

Options

will this method delete or format my all files or softwares or anything?

• Puraw
    Options

No, it won't, it will ask you if you want to retain all your files and programs, or if you want to completely reset/reformat the system losing all your data. 😉

• JaNiYa

Tinkerer

Options

I tried this…but actually, when I clicked the reset button there was not any response back…for a little time It was a mouse pointer loading only….😓 what shall we do next?

• alx181
    alx181 Member Posts: 34 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options

To fix Windows Security Center not working on Windows 11, you can try the following:

• Restart your computer. This can often fix minor software glitches that can cause problems with Windows Security Center.
    • Run the Windows Security Troubleshooter. To do this, open the Settings app and click on Update & Security. Then, click on Troubleshoot. Under the Find and fix other problems section, click on Windows Security. Then, click on Run the troubleshooter and follow the on-screen instructions.
    • Reset the Windows Security app. To do this, open the Settings app and click on Apps. Then, click on Apps & features. In the search bar, type in "Security" and select the Windows Security app. Under the Advanced options section, click on Reset. Then, click on Reset again to confirm.
    • Re-register the Windows Security Center service. To do this, open an elevated command prompt. Then, type in the following command and press Enter:
    regsvr32 /s wuaueng.dll

• Manually start the Windows Security Center service. To do this, open the Services app. Then, scroll down to the Windows Security Center service and double-click on it. Make sure that the Startup type is set to Automatic. Then, click on Start and click on OK.

If you have tried all of the above and Windows Security Center is still not working, you may need to repair or reinstall Windows.