veriton s6630g Can I upgrade my desktop to tpm 2.0

jamesmaki
jamesmaki Member Posts: 2 New User
edited September 2023 in Aspire and Veriton Desktops

Hi I have my Computer which is a veriton s6630g and i was wondering if i could upgrade it from tpm 1.2 to 2.0 with either software or hardware wise that would require a tpm 2.0 module any help would be much appreciated thank you

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• Your Veriton S6630 desktop is a 3rd Gen Intel system and is not compatible with Win-11, even if you change or upgrade the TPM chip your cpu is not compatible with Win-11. Best solution instead of upgrading your Veriton S6630 desktop, is to get a new Win-11 desktop, as the Veriton S6630 desktop components are old and can never be upgraded to a modern system.

• jamesmaki
    jamesmaki Member Posts: 2 New User

My desktop actually has an i5 5th gen which is the 5675c and even if not supported i was looking to bypass the requirements. but my question is if i have a tpm 2.0 module would my desktop detect it?

• There are allot of upgraded versions of the Veriton desktops and your S6630G desktop versions and your has the 5th Gen cpu, but it doesn’t matter, you need to be able to get a compatible 2.0 TPM upgrade chip for the actual Acer Veriton mainboard, there are some on eBay or Amazon but not for Acer mainboards, so you need to be able to modify the mainboard to apply these TPM 2.0 chips, as afterwards your mainboard will have the TPM 2.0 compatible security.

Remember - the TPM module is a chip that is normally integrated into the computer’s motherboard itself. It can also be installed manually if it has a port enabled for this purpose. The acronym TPM stands for Trusted Platform Module or “Secure Platform Module,” a component responsible for the cryptographic processing of the equipment to increase its security. TPM 2.0 is the second official version of this module.