Acer Nitro N50-620 I Can't access BIOS

NumbersDealer
NumbersDealer Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

edited August 2023 in Nitro Gaming

PC: Acer Nitro N50-620
Hardware: i5-1140f, RTX 3060 12GB, 16GB RAM.
Windows 10 64bit.
No matter what I do, I can't access BIOS. I already did reset CMOS, then swapped CMOS battery. Neither F2 nor DEL or F10 work, I even tried to use Restore option with UEFI boot and nothing. I also have no "welcoming logo", PC just starts and immediately shows the welcoming screen. It has been like that since I bought this PC. My BIOS version is R01-A2.

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 12,027 Trailblazer

You may have set Fast Boot in BIOS that skips the F2 option. I Windows type UEFI (or BIOS) in the Search bar and navigate in the Troubleshoot menu to UEFI.

• NumbersDealer

Tinkerer

I just tried powercfg.cpl and Fast Boot is actually disabled.And if I use UEFI reboot that's supposed to boot my PC with BIOS, it still boots me straight up to the login screen.

• Puraw

But did you try to enter BIOS in Windows? Type Bios in Search bar and select Advanced Startup, that has an option to open BIOS.

• NumbersDealer

Tinkerer

Well, yes. More than that, I only have two options to choose from:

As you can see, I have "boot options" which do nothing but boot my PC in lower resolution/safe mode. And when I choose UEFI option, it boots me up again to welcome screen. It's like BIOS in my PC doesn't even exist.

• Puraw

There is something wrong with your BIOS, I cannot find version R01-A2, maybe Acer removed that old BIOS version. I recommend that you download and install BIOS version R01-A4 (supports Windows11) with Firmware v1.02. Then upgrade to Windows11 if it is offered in Windows10. Don't change anything in BIOS.

• NumbersDealer

Tinkerer

So the only workaround is to upgrade my Windows to 11 and then download new BIOS and install it along with firmware? I will try it. I am posting a screenshot of my Acer Care Center summary as to make sure I am not confused about version of my BIOS:

• NumbersDealer

Tinkerer

And nothing. I can update firmware no problem, but my Windows doesn't react when I try to update BIOS by using .exe file provided by Acer R1-04 BIOS. And I won't be able to use flash drive since I can't access my BIOS.

• Is it possible that the DELETE key on yours is having problems?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • NumbersDealer

Tinkerer

Unfortunately, no. My keyboard is working perfectly fine.

• NumbersDealer

Tinkerer

Bump. Anyone, please?

• OK! When you unplug the hard drives and ssds can the bios be accessed?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • NumbersDealer

Tinkerer

Yeah, no. I tried it today and nothing happened. Only black screen, PC is working as fans are spinning but nothing else happens. I even tried with swapping RAM as I have dual channel 16 GB and I thought one of them might cause some issues but still nada.

• NumbersDealer

Tinkerer

edited August 2023

FIX: If you are using GPU like RTX 3060, which maybe isn't top tier but
    is "new", don't use old display monitor like Samsung SyncMaster with DVI
    port that forces you to swap to DVI/HDMI cable to make it work. Turns
    out, if you are booting system in safe mode or try to access BIOS,
    GPU/display drivers are preloaded and GPU doesn't work with new monitor.
    In my case swapping from old SyncMaster with DVI port to LG 24MP60G-B
    with native HDMI slot solved the issue. Now I can see POST, BIOS and
    everything else.
    So thank you everyone for help, but problem is now
    solved. Please keep this thread so people who struggle with same issue
    might find a fix. Have a great day everyone!