Swift SF114-32 Why can't I get my Laptop to connect to multiple monitors?

Allocis
Allocis Member Posts: 2 New User
edited August 2023 in Swift and Spin Series

Hi,

I have a Swift SF114-32 laptop, which I am trying to connect to a HP USB-C G5 Essential Dock through the USB-C port. The dock is connected to 2 x AOC 24 in monitors by Displayport to HDMI cables.
My laptop is fully up-to-date, and I have installed all optional drivers.

There is no issues with the dock, cables or monitors as I plugged it into my ThinkPad that I use for work and had no issues. Despite this, my laptop continues to not be able to connect to either of these displays.

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

I have restarted the laptop, unplugged and re-plugged in all cables, and am now at a loss on what to do. I do not want to, not have the money to purchase a new laptop.

Any advice on how to get this working?

Best Answer

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,448 Trailblazer

Use a HDMI Splitter 1 In to 2 Out - 3D 1080p 2160p 4K@30Hz HDMI 1.4 Duplicator, like the one below, as it will work and its a very cheap and a simple direct twin monitor to your laptops left side HDMI port connection, don't use the complicated USB-C type docking stations as it might not work with your laptop.

SF114-32 USB-C and HDMI Specs

• Allocis
    Allocis Member Posts: 2 New User
    Answer ✓

Thanks for your comment!

Will this work to extend the display, or just duplicate

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,421 Trailblazer

That will just duplicate, not extend. You SF114-32 doesn't support DP Alt Mode on the USB-C gen 1 port, so you need a full function dock in order to put more than one external monitor on. The dock has to have enough smarts onboard to generate it's own video signals. Any USB 3.0 dock that has HDMI or DP on it will work, and the more expensive USB-C docks will as well. The less expensive USB-C docks rely on DP Alt Mode for their video… It looks like HP does several versions of that dock, but from their site specs say "Minimum system requirements USB Type-C®️ (USB Power Delivery, Alt Mode DisplayPort™)" which means you will not have video from it.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.