Acer Predator Helios 300 How to recover partition

MikeMoney
MikeMoney Member Posts: 25 Troubleshooter
edited July 2023 in Predator Laptops

Hello, I own a Acer Predator Helios 300, I downloaded the disc image file os from microsoft, and I want to recover to acer os that my computer came with

I checked my recovery partitions and saw this

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

I have a few questions

A - How do I see when a recovery partition was made, so I know its the acer os one

And B - How do I actually recover my computer to that partition

Thanks!

Answers

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 4,107 Pathfinder

@MikeMoney have you reinstalled the OS on the laptop before? If not, you can use the Reset this PC function. It will factory reset the OS and reinstall the apps that came with this laptop.

Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • MikeMoney

@AnhEZ28 Thanks for the response but I don't think you understand

I want to get my laptop acer windows os back the one with all the wallpapers and software

I have microsoft windows 11 ( clean with nothing )

Also that does not work as multiple other people have dont that

But thanks!

• AnhEZ28

@MikeMoney it will be likely impossible with clean Windows 11 since the original OEM files and recovery partition are deleted. You can try to contact Acer to see if they can give you the factory OS with apps.

Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
  • MikeMoney

Yes but if you read my post some of them are still there, so I want to see when they created

• AnhEZ28

@MikeMoney you can use a partition wizard app to explore the recovery partition.

• MikeMoney

@AnhEZ28

Thank you so much, I have downloaded a tool and scanning now, I have downloaded and installed MiniTool Partition Wizard, with this I will be able to recover, the original OS with all the software and then install that os?

If I could do this and found the os I was wondering if you could show me on how to recover and install the os ( from acer with all the software ) if I do get it

Thanks!

• MikeMoney

Also, Im lost how would I find my original os parition file and recover that from the program?

Thanks

• AnhEZ28

@MikeMoney I'm unsure how the factory reset works with the OEM files. The recovery partition only contains the Winre file for the safe mode and automatic repair when the Windows is not functioning properly. Without the OEM folder in the C drive, it will not be possible to recover the original OS.

• bushido
    bushido Member Posts: 2 New User

hello, did you recover it?

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 11,939 Trailblazer

You can't, if you reformatted the boot drive or Clean Installed Windows on your original boot drive the Acer Recovery volume and Acer OEM folders with the wallpaper etc. in the root directory are all lost. I recommend bringing the laptop to Acer Services and ask to reset the system to factory defaults, a small fee will be charged, $25 in the Philippines.

• MikeMoney

@bushido Yes I did! Thanks for replying but I have another problem ( check my latest posts )