SSD and ram upgrade for my predator 300 PH317-55-(92G8?)

makkoi
makkoi Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

wanted to know what kind of SSD and ram are compatible for my laptop and how much TB and ram i can upgrade to

specs;

intel core i9-11900h

rtx 3070

16gb ram (the site i bought it it said max 32gb but on the product info on acer it says 64gb)

NVME micron-3400 ( i wanna know if is there 2 slots and whats the best/good SSD to upgade mine) (or HDD)

sidenote: i also wanna know if its normal that it lasts 1 hour on battery while its idle

Best Answer

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,891 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

Your PH317-55 laptop with the RTX3070 gpu can have PCIe4 x4 M.2 SSD drives in both slots as they are the same and will utilize the full read/write speeds of the Gen 4 M.2 drives,

Memory RAM specs

Acer listed RAM modules up to 2x 16GB types which are the DDR4-3200MHz CL22 types. Acer does not list the compatible 2x 32GB type DDR4 RAM modules, for that you will have to find out which modules are compatible through either doing a Crucial System Scan or consulting Acer support.

• makkoi

Tinkerer

your the man thanks pal.

if okey to ask where did you get this info cuz it was more then hard for me to find anything

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,891 Trailblazer

Glad to help you out, all the above info is only available for ranked Ace community members, so you can't get this info on the web as its official Acer information that is not put on the web.

• makkoi

Tinkerer

so ive been looking for SSD/ram and i would love some recommendation that are compatible.

specs:

intel core i9-11900h

rtx3070

my current ram 16gb

my current SSD 1TB NVME micron 3400_MTFDKBA1TOTFH.

for the SSD ive been looking at

WD black sn850x

crucial p5 plus

sabrent rocket 4 plus

(WD look the most appealing to me due to storage/speed/price but i want to know what are good option)

(for ram i have no idea just that i cant exceed DDR4 3200)