Predator Helios 300 (PH315-52) randomly crash when gaming (BSoD)

farahnic
farahnic Member Posts: 2 New User

When i play games (Dota2 or other FPS games), my laptop hangs and then restart at the middle of the game, sometime it only happen once and then i can play normally but sometimes it happens too often (>5 times). I tried all of these but none fixing the problem, worst that

i suspect my GPU is the problem, please advise how to resolve this issue 🙏

• Steam > verify game files integrity
  • All Windows update are installed
  • Updating drivers
  • setting Power Options, Processor power management to 99% (after this my laptop temp when down 70-85 so i guess overheating is not an issue)
  • Disabling Power Options, Fast start up
  • SFC and CHKDSK
  • Reset PC

Best Answer

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 11,847 Trailblazer
    edited June 2023 Answer ✓

Looking at the Event errors the following: Prior to June 8, 2023 I did not see many Event errors, is that when the first BSODs started? Suggest to try the following:

Windows11 failed to install the following update with error 0x80073D02: 9WZDNCRFJ364-MICROSOFT.SKYPEAPP. Uninstall Skype

Detecting threats on cloud, disable cloud and Office One Drive.

Failed to load driver for the device: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1903&SUBSYS_13431025&REV_07\3&11583659&0&20 (possibly Killer). Check in Device Manager if you see Unknown Device with this PCI and uninstall together with any Unknown Devices and with yellow exclamation marks, also check Hidden Devices

Killer Wireless-AC 1550i Wireless Network Adapter (9560NGW) 160MHz : Has encountered an internal error and has failed. Many WIFI adapter crashes, disable the Killer WIFI adapter in Device manager and see if that helps with the BSODs.

The GameDVR and Broadcast User Service_9fd43 service failed: Disable Broadcast DVR server (bcastdvr.exe).

The NVIDIA LocalSystem Container service terminated (BSOD)! Use the previous working NVIDIA driver that you did not have this issue on. (This is a serious problem).

Disable ACC, issues with Windows11 (hangs).

(All these annoying LSA warnings are completely harmless, it is a bug in W11, check this picture and add the DWORD in your registry (lsa): RunAsPPLBoot with a value 2).

Hope you don't have AVAST or some other AV programs running, and all your security options in Defender are Green (turned on and running). See what your RAM is at (<50%) when you hang (Task Manager Performance, Memory and CPU, check what apps are using the most resources, lower the priority (Efficiency mode). Run Storage Sense and scan your drives for redundant large files, click at the bottom on Temporary (bin icon) and you may find 100s of GBs Windows update files like OldDos, get rid of all that and trim/defrag your drives afterwards.

Did you try to uninstall the Nvidia GPU driver in Safe Mode with DDU and let Windows11 reinstall the best GPU driver for your adapter?

If nothing helps, do a Clean Boot by booting in Safe Mode, open Configsys.exe and check the Base Video box in the Boot tab and reboot, if still BSOD, do the same procedure, disable (remove the check) Base Video, hide the Windows Services and disable all other services, also disable Startup programs in Task Manager, reboot. By now you should see no more BSODs, then reverse the Clean Boot by enabling the apps and services one by one and reboot each time till you crash and you have found the rogue app.

Answers

• Puraw
    edited June 2023 Answer ✓

Looking at the Event errors the following: Prior to June 8, 2023 I did not see many Event errors, is that when the first BSODs started? Suggest to try the following:

Windows11 failed to install the following update with error 0x80073D02: 9WZDNCRFJ364-MICROSOFT.SKYPEAPP. Uninstall Skype

Detecting threats on cloud, disable cloud and Office One Drive.

Failed to load driver for the device: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1903&SUBSYS_13431025&REV_07\3&11583659&0&20 (possibly Killer). Check in Device Manager if you see Unknown Device with this PCI and uninstall together with any Unknown Devices and with yellow exclamation marks, also check Hidden Devices

Killer Wireless-AC 1550i Wireless Network Adapter (9560NGW) 160MHz : Has encountered an internal error and has failed. Many WIFI adapter crashes, disable the Killer WIFI adapter in Device manager and see if that helps with the BSODs.

The GameDVR and Broadcast User Service_9fd43 service failed: Disable Broadcast DVR server (bcastdvr.exe).

The NVIDIA LocalSystem Container service terminated (BSOD)! Use the previous working NVIDIA driver that you did not have this issue on. (This is a serious problem).

Disable ACC, issues with Windows11 (hangs).

(All these annoying LSA warnings are completely harmless, it is a bug in W11, check this picture and add the DWORD in your registry (lsa): RunAsPPLBoot with a value 2).

Hope you don't have AVAST or some other AV programs running, and all your security options in Defender are Green (turned on and running). See what your RAM is at (<50%) when you hang (Task Manager Performance, Memory and CPU, check what apps are using the most resources, lower the priority (Efficiency mode). Run Storage Sense and scan your drives for redundant large files, click at the bottom on Temporary (bin icon) and you may find 100s of GBs Windows update files like OldDos, get rid of all that and trim/defrag your drives afterwards.

Did you try to uninstall the Nvidia GPU driver in Safe Mode with DDU and let Windows11 reinstall the best GPU driver for your adapter?

If nothing helps, do a Clean Boot by booting in Safe Mode, open Configsys.exe and check the Base Video box in the Boot tab and reboot, if still BSOD, do the same procedure, disable (remove the check) Base Video, hide the Windows Services and disable all other services, also disable Startup programs in Task Manager, reboot. By now you should see no more BSODs, then reverse the Clean Boot by enabling the apps and services one by one and reboot each time till you crash and you have found the rogue app.

• farahnic
    farahnic Member Posts: 2 New User

Thanks Man, these are very helpful applied all the changes, let me monitor, hopefully it resolve all the issue :)

• Puraw

This is actually "system maintenance 101", added to this is restore your Windows system image used to check/restore your files each time you boot, if that image is corrupted nothing will be repaired: Go online, check your Internet is working OK and paste this line in the Command Prompt opened as administrator: Dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth and press Enter, should end OK, Esc and rerun if DISM hangs after 30 minutes till you see "Completed successfully" Next paste this line in the same Command Prompt window: SFC /scannow and press Enter. This will compare your system files with the new system image and will repair corrupted files, to check what files were repaired open the CBS.log file in folder c:\windows\logs\CBS, scroll down to the date you ran SFC, the last line are the repairs. If the repair job failed rerun SFC till to see: "Found no integrity violations".