How can I update BIOS on my Predator Triton 500 (Model Name: PT515-51)?

Daniel87
Daniel87 Member Posts: 4 New User
Hi!

Can someone poste step by step instruction for updating BIOS (and maybe the VBIOS - rtx 2060) on a Predator Triton 500?

The exact model name is PT515-51.

I attached down below a screenshoot with availabale BIOS/Firmware updates for my model.

Acer offers this updates and a caution message on the product support page, but unfortunately doesn't offer any instructions on how to correctly make do them. When you download any of them you get only one .exe file with no instructions.

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Good afternoon Daniel87 !

What is the need to update Bios?

Bios updates are extremely risky and only recommended in specific cases such as serious system errors, serious hardware incompatibilities, or security patch updates.
    It is not like system driver updates.

Otherwise this is a process that should be avoided if the equipment is working properly.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• Daniel87
    MaClane said:
    Good afternoon Daniel87 !

What is the need to update Bios?

Bios updates are extremely risky and only recommended in specific cases such as serious system errors, serious hardware incompatibilities, or security patch updates.
    It is not like system driver updates.

Otherwise this is a process that should be avoided if the equipment is working properly.

Good afternoon MaClane!

The reason I thought about doing the updates is beacause I read in their descriptions that they "enhance system performance" and (for the VBIOS) "Updates NAVIDA RTX2060 version and optimizes performance"... So I thought why not... why not get more performance if it's available.
  • MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    If you are referring to this marked it is a firmware update for models that have the RTX 2060 and not Bios.

Does your model have this card?

He comes an executable.
    Just run it as Administrator, with the battery charged to 100% of plugged into the power outlet.

But be absolutely certain that it is for your model.

In any case, I advise you to avoid Bios and Firmware updates at all costs if your equipment is fully functional.
    It is not worth risking losing the machine and rendering it unusable for some performance gain.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• Daniel87
    Thank you!
  • mubashirabbas777
    mubashirabbas777 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Daniel87 said:
    Hi!

Can someone poste step by step instruction for updating BIOS (and maybe the VBIOS - rtx 2060) on a Predator Triton 500?

The exact model name is PT515-51.

I attached down below a screenshoot with availabale BIOS/Firmware updates for my model.

Acer offers this updates and a caution message on the product support page, but unfortunately doesn't offer any instructions on how to correctly make do them. When you download any of them you get only one .exe file with no instructions.

You can update automatically with needed for this system
  • miah0160
    miah0160 Member Posts: 24 Troubleshooter

does someone know a BIOS update that change setting on fan speed?

• miah0160

my triton 500 pt515-51 fan is always boosted cant even change the speed on predator sense. Even after reformat problem still occur. I can hear the fan is boosted but the rpm doesn't appear on predator sense. Hope someone can help me about this problem.

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 11,861 Trailblazer

There is a way to manually control the fan speed in Sense, this vid is in French, but you should be able to follow the screens:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXV9wvXtmhE

• miah0160

the problem is sense can't control the fan speed. I can boost fan speed through sense(but its already boosted) and if i set it to auto fan speed won't go auto. the trigger for fan boost speed is when temp reaches 45-50 degrees its the boost sense can't control.